Cincinnati/Hamilton County

Status
Not open for further replies.

beischel

Folks, I noticed that the RR database no longer shows the Cincinnati Fireground talkgroups the way the Cincinnati Fire Department references them. Such as A2....I do not see any A2 Fireground listed. I recall a year or so ago, they did list the Fireground TGs as A2, B1, etc.

Also on the Hamilton County Fireground TGs, I hear nothing.

So is the RR database accurate?

fyrfyter33

Folks, I noticed that the RR database no longer shows the Cincinnati Fireground talkgroups the way the Cincinnati Fire Department references them. Such as A2....I do not see any A2 Fireground listed. I recall a year or so ago, they did list the Fireground TGs as A2, B1, etc.

Also on the Hamilton County Fireground TGs, I hear nothing.

So is the RR database accurate?

The database is accurate. However, you won’t see A2 in RR. That is a dispatch reference to the zone and radio channel for the incident. The descriptions are correct in RR, but scanners don’t reference the TGs the way the radios are setup.

Nothing in Hamilton County has changed. Something must be configured incorrectly.

beischel

Thanks, RR used to have the TGs for Cincinnati listed as A2, B2 etc. so at least I know they are loaded correctly.

As for Hamilton County, I know they are configured correctly. It was downloaded from RR and the dispatch work just fine as do other TGs. I just never hear anything come across any of the FGs. Might take a big fire and more activity needed.

fyrfyter33

Thanks, RR used to have the TGs for Cincinnati listed as A2, B2 etc. so at least I know they are loaded correctly.

As for Hamilton County, I know they are configured correctly. It was downloaded from RR and the dispatch work just fine as do other TGs. I just never hear anything come across any of the FGs. Might take a big fire and more activity needed.

The database has it listed as corresponding letters, but I don’t ever remember it being distinct enough to show zone and channel.

Hamilton County assigns FGs for lots of incidents, but as you said, unless you happen upon it as it occurs, you are unlikely to hear a lot of FG traffic, unless it is a structure fire, major auto accident or similar. A lot of the time the FGs are used long enough to confirm or deny the incident as dispatched and that is the end of its use.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Also, make sure you are listening to the correct site. Hamilton County site for Hamilton County FG's, Cincinnati site for Cincinnati FG's.

The talk groups will affiliate to either site if a radio is affiliated but that is not guaranteed. To make sure you hear the FG's make sure you are listening to the correct site.

Status
Not open for further replies.