• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Anytone d868uv

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Z4S

I recently acquired an Anytone D868 UV and while trying to program it the screen came up saying "WELCOME DMR and Analog Radio", I can't get in or out of it as everything is locked. Is there a way to do a factory reset. I cant seem to find any information on line. Thank you.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Copy and paste from one of the update packages.

Power off the radio firstly. Then power it on while holding the PTT and

the PF1 button below the PTT at the same time. The radio will start up​

with a note on the display stating “MCU Reset”.​

*** Please Wait – and do not turn the radio off while it restarts ***​

After the MCU reboot, you will have to set the time and date.​

Use the P1 key to scroll through the date / time fields.​

Up and Down arrow keys will allow you to change the information in​

these fields. After you have the information entered use the Green key​

to confirm the settings.

56FB666

Bear Caretaker
I recently acquired an Anytone D868 UV and while trying to program it the screen came up saying "WELCOME DMR and Analog Radio", I can't get in or out of it as everything is locked. Is there a way to do a factory reset. I cant seem to find any information on line. Thank you.

dmaria

This has absolutely nothing to do with not getting past the boot-up screen.

dmaria

Copy and paste from one of the update packages.

Power off the radio firstly. Then power it on while holding the PTT and

the PF1 button below the PTT at the same time. The radio will start up

with a note on the display stating “MCU Reset”.

*** Please Wait – and do not turn the radio off while it restarts ***

After the MCU reboot, you will have to set the time and date.

Use the P1 key to scroll through the date / time fields.

Up and Down arrow keys will allow you to change the information in

these fields. After you have the information entered use the Green key

to confirm the settings.

Definitely try this first.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
This issue probably relates to the recent change by Anytone that all new radios would be shipped with the keyboard locked (per FCC rules). Here is a video from Bridgecom Systems that explains how to unlock the keyboard...

9Z4S

Having pressed both ptt and F1 keys it is asking if I want to initialize radio, no MCU reset. Thanks for the help but I think I have had enough headache from one radio.

dmaria

This issue probably relates to the recent change by Anytone that all new radios would be shipped with the keyboard locked (per FCC rules). Here is a video from Bridgecom Systems that explains how to unlock the keyboard...

His problem is getting out of the boot screen... No keys needed for that. After the boot up, it should go automatically to the vfo or memory channel. Again, no keys need to be pressed.

dmaria

Having pressed both ptt and F1 keys it is asking if I want to initialize radio, no MCU reset. Thanks for the help but I think I have had enough headache from one radio.

That IS the MCU reset.....

KD8DVR

If you cannot get past the start screen, your radio has suffered catastrophic system failure. It will need to be replaced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I don't know the actual radio, but all computerized devices apply here - remove the battery for a few minutes, then replace and try again. If your radio continues to be stuck on the welcome screen, I'd say a repair call is in order. Call their customer service dept first and foremost. Might be something simple and overlooked. When in doubt, reboot.

JD
kf4anc

9Z4S

Thanks but shipping from Trinidad, West Indies is a bit costly and lots of red tape. I would have to apply to TATT in order to bring it back in so I wont be charged any taxes. Maybe I should just buy a different brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.