This was a blast today

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
Both 10 and 11 meters where wide open most of the day today, here are screen shots of both bands in the early evening. I worked a round-table with 7 other operators on 28.400 on my way home in my truck, one station was linked to a 70cm repeater and worked by a mobile on UHF in our group. This is what upper HF is supposed to be. Did anyone else cash-in on this?

10 Meters.jpg
11 Meters.jpg

K5mow

Wow wish I hadn’t had to work today. 10 m is not open all that much these days.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Interesting - Yesterday evening I dialed up the NCDXF beacon freqs for a listen. I heard Madeira Island (West of Morocco) on 20m. I dialed up 10m and listened for a while and did not hear any beacons. I am in California. Maybe it is my gear and not location. Time to review things.

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
It sounds like the conditions are opening up right now. It's more noticeable on 11 meters due to the much larger population and the number of stations running power well above amateur limits.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
It has been a while since I dialed down to the superbowl, but good point. I got into the habit of using the beacons and forgot. I do monitor 29.6 MHz FM. There is a guy in the Midwest that I can hear on a scanner here in California when things are really cooking. I'm able to dial down to 25W and sounds as good as 100W to him. Not much difference there really, about an S unit.

There used to be a guy on 10m, strictly on 28.425 MHz. Todd, yeah that's his name. He was always calling and trying to build his 10-10 club log. He was another beacon of sorts.

Anyways, I dialed up the beacons again yesterday and nada. I'll sweep things today.

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
It's starting early, northern states coming in already. Gosh I love upper HF
:)
Maybe a mini field expedition is in order this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.