Wiring harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

K5mow

Good morning everyone

I basically no the answer to this question I’m about to ask. I guess I want confirmation and maybe an answer. I am going to hook up my SDS200 to a 12 volt Gel cell battery. My question is. The wiring harness has three wires. I totally get the black one goes to ground. And I’m 99% sure that the orange and red go to positive. My question is why are there two positive wires. What purpose does this serve. And the most important question is. Am I correct. Do both red and orange go to positive black to negative.

Here is a picture of the wiring harness

37f0769eb1fb4d97eee484a57894902e.jpg

Thank you Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Good morning everyone

I basically no the answer to this question I’m about to ask. I guess I want confirmation and maybe an answer. I am going to hook up my SDS200 to a 12 volt Gel cell battery. My question is. The wiring harness has three wires. I totally get the black one goes to ground. And I’m 99% sure that the orange and red go to positive. My question is why are there two positive wires. What purpose does this serve. And the most important question is. Am I correct. Do both red and orange go to positive black to negative.

Here is a picture of the wiring harness

37f0769eb1fb4d97eee484a57894902e.jpg

Thank you Roger

The orange wire is for lighting control when installing in a vehicle. You can leave it disconnected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

W5RGP

If you hook up the orange wire to headlight switch it will dim the display when you turn on headlight otherwise leave it disconnected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, as page 17 of the owners manual states: Connecting the orange wire to headlight circuit will DIM the scanner's display when the headlights are on.

K5mow

Yes, as page 17 of the owners manual states: Connecting the orange wire to headlight circuit will DIM the scanner's display when the headlights are on.

Thank you all for the information. Makes perfect sense for the third wire now. I did skim through the manual but obviously didn’t look hard enough.

Thank you Roger

W5RGP

Status
Not open for further replies.