WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
What’s the antenna setup

I’m using this browning now with excellent results
fbdb70183834d7ae8eab55e94a17b95e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Hit_Factor

I have same antenna on my slightly smaller truck - F350. Works much better than expected.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300, IC-PW1, ID-5100A, ID-51A Plus 2, IC-R30, Hytera PD782G, Kenwood TH-D74, Uniden SDS100, DVMega, SDRplay RSPduo

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
We return you to the normally scheduled hijacking of this post

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
We return you to the normally scheduled hijacking of this post

You should start a thread (with your own pics in post 1) in the Pictures forum strictly for "Post Photos of Your OTR/"Big Rig" Mobile Installs" or something.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
You should start a thread (with your own pics in post 1) in the Pictures forum strictly for "Post Photos of Your OTR/"Big Rig" Mobile Installs" or something.

Actually there is one of mine :) but this thread was more of “squirrel!!” We got sidetracked so my apologies to the OP

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Looks identical to mine except the color

W5RGP

Looks identical to mine except the color

I have a browning on my 2016 explorer the one that’s tuned for I believe about 420-512 or close since only thing I ever care about while home is the local nxdn site tn homeland security 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrath

Nope it’s a ram finger mount
8ccff68ff9b965e7b5c35409d40c1c31.jpg

9c24f52efe8689d6e2f11c22450090ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is time to modernize ditch that old fashioned clip and go with a magnetic mic ,so much safer,cleaner and handier .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Trucker700

It is time to modernize ditch that old fashioned clip and go with a magnetic mic ,so much safer,cleaner and handier .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
He's using the clip to help hang the radio, using the belt clip on the back of the radio. Good idea actually. It helps keep the radio from
coming loose from the mount. In an 18 wheeler, and rough roads, more is better!
Trucker

W5RGP

He's using the clip to help hang the radio, using the belt clip on the back of the radio. Good idea actually. It helps keep the radio from
coming loose from the mount. In an 18 wheeler, and rough roads, more is better!
Trucker

Yep it’s to help hold it in that bigger battery sucks in this mount
My 436’s never fell out of this mount without the mic clip but the sds100 would bounce out several times a day I’d like to find a smaller battery setup just for this mount

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I'm unsubscribing from my own thread. It's turned into a "Look at mine" show with nothing to do with the original post.

Several people replied to your request, including with EXACT dimensions, I guess people assumed you had your answer and were free to chat... were you still waiting for dimensions you prefered better than the ones posted, hoping the radio got larger when excited or just didn't like the answers given? Especially after you stated after the dimensions were posted several times, "I got what I need. Thx guys"

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/size-matters-sds200.388844/post-3130306

Just curious why the thread needed to stay hush till you recieved more dimensions AFTER you said you had what you needed.. is ths a test? :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.