RIP Genesee Law Enforcement Scanners and Hobbyists

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8SHA

This is me!
The pagers were fine.. no need to upgrade.. Just because the state didn't want to maintain the VHF simulcast anymore wasn't a reason to junk it. The state wanted to push 800 paging so that's what started that mess too. A number of vendors would have been happy to "maintain" the VHF simulcast.. Motorola did for Livingston.. heck it built it a brand new simulcast here a few years ago..

I dearly miss the two-tone paging. When I was on Fenton Twp. Fire, I knew most of the departments by their tones.

GeneseeCoMI

I dearly miss the two-tone paging. When I was on Fenton Twp. Fire, I knew most of the departments by their tones.

I found the tones annoying, especially when it was a huge fire/incident and they'd dispatch several departments/stations at the same time and they seemed to go on forever.

TheFlyingPilot

MPSCS Newbie
Our departments up here in Benzie are using two-tones for all dispatches, and you can not only tell what dept is being toned out, but you can usually tell the severity of the incident based on the number of tones!

kc8vlv

I read in this thread, someone mentioned Facebook,. I remember at some point there was scanner pages out of Flint area. Flint Police Operations, Flint Fire operations , Genesee sheriff operations, Genesee Fire Operations, the Late Alan Babcock's Genesee-Lapeer County Sheriff's Operation. I know that Genesee County 911 targeted Lapeer County sheriff operation and Lapeer county Night poster Pages on Facebook . Now their are Few Fire service , Active working calls Groups on Facebook that are Open And Closed Groups.

a29zuk

Surprised to hear Fenton PD Dispatch(TG 2000) still in the clear.

Been listening(or just watching the screen on my 325P2)for about a half hour. The encrypted talkgroups pop up on the screen for about a second. I get the 1/2 second garbled transmission on my 396T.

Jim

GeneseeCoMI

Surprised to hear Fenton PD Dispatch(TG 2000) still in the clear.

Been listening(or just watching the screen on my 325P2)for about a half hour. The encrypted talkgroups pop up on the screen for about a second. I get the 1/2 second garbled transmission on my 396T.

Jim

They have a separate 911 authority than the rest of the county.

GeneseeCoMI

As part of the city of flint's agreement to the Emergency financial bail-out they were required to have one 911 location , all 911 calls on the Mpscs are suppose to be at 1 location .

He said Fenton City not Flint City. Fenton City is also in two other townships outside of Genesee Co (one in Oakland Co and one in Livingston Co) so they have a separate 911 PSAP and thus their own separate MPSCS TG's. Their MPSCS equipment is funded by the Fenton City DDA and not the state or feds.

Status
Not open for further replies.