RA numbers for which city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6KRU

I'm not sure I can answer the question but I'll tell you what I think I know. The first two numbers of an apparatus number will indicate the city/dept. A unit 21X would be an Oceanside unit. A 12X unit would be a Vista unit. A 13X unit would be an Escondido unit. There is a thread discussing station #s and the station #s are inline with apparatus #s. I think that the Xs in the examples above are normally 8s or 9s for RAs. i.e. Vista RAs would be 128 or 129. A Vista Engine might be 120 or 121. etc.

Here is the thread.

rescue_pooh

The exception to this is in Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas and Rancho Santa Fe. Those 4 areas are covered by AMR and are considered Medic Units not RA's due to not having a firefighter on board. M237 Solana Beach, M232 and M235 Encinitas, M261, M262 and M264 Rancho Santa Fe. You will also hear M494 which is a 12 hour unit that holds cover in Del Mar and can respond to those areas as well.

W6KRU

The exception to this is in Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas and Rancho Santa Fe. Those 4 areas are covered by AMR and are considered Medic Units not RA's due to not having a firefighter on board. M237 Solana Beach, M232 and M235 Encinitas, M261, M262 and M264 Rancho Santa Fe. You will also hear M494 which is a 12 hour unit that holds cover in Del Mar and can respond to those areas as well.

I don't recall hearing those on NorthCom. Just my inattention or are they dispatched another way?

Status
Not open for further replies.