budevans

TG40567. Has anyone monitored or identified this TG?
I caught the tail end of a transmission from this talk group around 6:20 p.m. today.
When I looked up the TG range in MARCS, it looks to fall inside of the range for Portage County. I see TG40566 which is Portage, County Wide Tac 8, Interop. Also TG40571 which is Portage, Ravenna City Wide Fire Alert.

northernsummit

Feed Provider
TG40567. Has anyone monitored or identified this TG?
I caught the tail end of a transmission from this talk group around 6:20 p.m. today.
When I looked up the TG range in MARCS, it looks to fall inside of the range for Portage County. I see TG40566 which is Portage, County Wide Tac 8, Interop. Also TG40571 which is Portage, Ravenna City Wide Fire Alert.

I have a number of transmissions over the past two days.

15xx units
100 is dispatch

They're using BSSA Sheriff radio codes and are some type of law enforcement. Maybe Ravenna based on a domestic on Lakewood Rd. Talk about shutting down Loretta "on our campus" during the storms tonight. Not sure if that is KSU, NEOMED, something else?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a number of transmissions over the past two days.

15xx units
100 is dispatch

They're using BSSA Sheriff radio codes and are some type of law enforcement. Maybe Ravenna based on a domestic on Lakewood Rd. Talk about shutting down Loretta "on our campus" during the storms tonight. Not sure if that is KSU, NEOMED, something else?

Sounds like it would be NEOMED. Of course NEOMEDPD is already in the database as 40504. Perhaps they moved, or perhaps 40567 is a Tac / Talk talkgroup for NEOMEDPD. Those of you who listen to Portage shoudl attempt to pay attention regarding whether NEOMEDPD is heard on 40504 anymore. If there is no more activity on 40504, then it's a good bet that they moved to 40567.

The wiki says that 15xx units are NEOMED PD.

mike

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm with Mike. Loretta is one of the roads that leads into the NEOMED campus. This is probably a new NEOMED PD talkgroup, assuming someone can verify that the existing talkgroup has been abandoned.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
40567 is a NEOMED talkgroup. 100 is Portage Co. Sheriff Dispatch. This talkgroup was recently added when additional Portage Co. agencies started switching to MARCS. Never heard it used until today when the storm blasted through Rootstown. Not sure if they are still using the 40504.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
I noticed today that Bratenhal Police referred to 14473 as TAC-2 and conducted parade-type operations there. This is already listed as Orange PD Ch. 2.

Anyone listen regularly to know if it’s a shared channel with Orange or other PDs? I know there’s already a Chagrin Valley PD TAC-2 listed as 14493.

Thanks!

sopranosno1

New one for miami county, 34033 west milton pd meet, new unidentified one off miami county site, 54088. Went to fast to catch a radio id. My first guess would be ohio national guard??? Considering storm damage in miami and montgomery county. Anyone have a clue on 54088?? Been hearing talk about team-1 team-2. maybe ohio task force 1. did see radio id of 5746***

Last edited:

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response!

Just a clarification: What’s the difference between 14489 which is in the database as West Ch.2 and 14473 that was identified as Tac-2 but now also displayed as Ch.2?

al_35

Caught today off the miami county IP site, 54164. seen 1 radio id- 99xxxxx. Not on the list and being enc, so i'm guessing one of the federal 3 letter agencies!!??

W8VFD

Feed Provider
TG 40025 with radio ID 78xxxxx one person said “Station 17”, and another person replied “loud and clear”. Heard via the Cherry Valley site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk