Swipesy

Actually 789xxxx could be any public safety agency in Trumbull county.

That may be but all 36 hits I have heard so far with the 789xxxx RID have been on the Parkman-Troy Talkgroups (Geauga County). If there are other 789xxxx I can't hear them. My guess is they represent Farmington Vol FD mutual aid with Parkman-Troy (Geauga County). I guess as Trumbull becomes more active on MARCS I will see hits it other 789xxxx ranges other than what have been heard so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8VFD

Feed Provider
I've been hearing activity on 40025 via the Cherry Valley tower, heard some radio coverage testing the other day, now I'm hearing them using the talk group for operations. Before using 40025 I heard them using XSO-78 for coverage testing but I'm thinking that someone yelled at them for using that talk group or something because I heard one guy say to another "hey we gotta quit using this channel, I'll call you on the phone."

Talkgroup 40025 is now active with several Trumbull County fire departments on it.

jrl44430

I heard that also. Law enforcement will be encrypted. I am seeing 2 talkgroups. They are simulcasting on VHF and MARCS for now.

Swipesy

I've been hearing activity on 40025 via the Cherry Valley tower, heard some radio coverage testing the other day, now I'm hearing them using the talk group for operations. Before using 40025 I heard them using XSO-78 for coverage testing but I'm thinking that someone yelled at them for using that talk group or something because I heard one guy say to another "hey we gotta quit using this channel, I'll call you on the phone."

Major fire in Trumbull County heard today on TG 40025. Engine 12 Courtland, Engine 18 Bloomfield, Engine 26 Gustavas, Engine 33 Kinsman. My scanner was not picking up the various Engine RID's but RID 7890442 was very active and sounded like a fireground or fire tac or fire dispatch command radio since the various engines were receiving responses from that RID.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I’m hearing , at times, 40025 ... not sure from what tower , I’m thinking Shalersville, it’s the furthest east tower that I monitor.

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
I can’t get the new Pymatuning S.P. (Andover) tower or Cherry Hill. But have zero problems getting Geauga County & Shalersville. Weird

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I notice on northernsummit.org webpage his database shows 7 hits of 40025 on the Summit towers.

Swipesy

On Monday's fire in Vernon, Trumbull County, I recorded 121 hits on TG 40025 all from Geauga Towers. Of the 121 hits only 16 showed RID 7890442, 1 showed RID 7890117 and the other 104 did not show any RID on my scanner. I also heard 6 different Engine numbers from the various different fire departments in the area at the fire.

tateskinner

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know who is using 43518?
I am hearing it in Scioto County, Ohio and it is not listed in the database.
There was mention of JDC on a transmission; therefore, it might be some type of law enforcement.

jrl44430

On Monday's fire in Vernon, Trumbull County, I recorded 121 hits on TG 40025 all from Geauga Towers. Of the 121 hits only 16 showed RID 7890442, 1 showed RID 7890117 and the other 104 did not show any RID on my scanner. I also heard 6 different Engine numbers from the various different fire departments in the area at the fire.
Radio ID 7890442 is the county 911 dispatch center. Not all fire departments have moved over to MARCS yet.

Frankhappyg

Premium Subscriber
Trumbull County
Warren Police,Fire & Trumbull SO not hearing a peep.
Shouldn’t they be using Avalon Warren Tower or Trumbull C.I.

Last edited:

jrl44430

Trumbull County
Warren Police,Fire & Trumbull SO not hearing a peep.
Shouldn’t they be using Avalon Warren Tower or Trumbull C.I.

You will not hear Warren Police or TCSO as they will be encrypted. TCSO is 40020 encrypted. They are still using VHF as well. Not sure what talkgroup Warren will be. I am seeing encrypted talkgroup 40029 with 3 radio IDs. Still trying to find out who that is.