Emergency response

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcscann

Terry
Does anybody know what a emergency response trailer is.. I can hear them contacting hospitals several hundred miles from my location on 3955

Bill28227

Around here in South Carolina, when a EMS unit it going to a scene they say they are having an "emergence response." It only means they are responding with lights and sirens. They use the same term when going to the hospital.
Bill

sbcscann

Terry
It was like they were doing radio checks to different hospitals and they weren't just local they weren't responding to any calls

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Our jurisdiction has a 40' bus with communications (air, marine, 800, UHF, VHF & ham). It has satellite phones and Internet, 7-person conference room, small galley, restroom, 15KW generator, external cameras, a Raytheon ACU-1000 and more. It responds to natural disasters, hazmat incidents and other instances (hostage, building collapses, large fires, etc. Personally, I've used it at 2 hurricanes, 2 tornadoes, a train wreck, a hazmat tanker wreck, hostage situation and at 11 annual week-long School of America protests outside the gates of Ft. Benning. It generally serves as a command post (but with 4 air conditioning units, it sometimes is a place to just cool off from the hot Georgia sun). We call it IC3 for Incident Command, Control & Communication.

Mobile Command Bus.jpg

Last edited:

N2JDS

Just a guess, maybe one of the Missouri Hospital association trailers doing a radio check in. Basically a race car trailer set up with comms and desk for work. Assorted medical gear. They have Moswin, hams and also which ever comms is normal for that area, VHF/UHF etc

sbcscann

Terry
Thank you all for your response
I was just amazed how I can pick up both sides of the conversation being several hundred miles away from me

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I assume you heard this on MOSWIN; I hear statewide check ins all the time on some of the IOP talk groups. It is amazing to hear mobile units from Springfield as clear as the bases all the way up here in Pulaski Co. I am fortunate enough to get good signal from the Lebanon tower to copy Troop D off their tower

sbcscann

Terry
When I programmed in my local channel here in Southwest Missouri I just left a wild card.. it's kind of need hearing both sides of the conversation from a hospital in Poplar Bluff Missouri Black River Medical Center

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard that talk group before; I added into mine in case they come up on it in the future...sometimes I don't always have the wildcard turned on. I have found several talk groups lately in the 78xx series and 21905, and 102 that I haven't identified yet as they are not in the database...hopefully I will hear more than part of a transmission to figure them out eventually. Sounds like 3955 may be a Statewide Medical group.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
As with any statewide trunking system if a statewide talkgroup is active and a statewide radio is affiliated with the site you monitor you will hear the statewide traffic until that radio is turned off or moves to another site. All statewide sites are linked together by T1's or microwave links that is how traffic is broadcast all over the state. A master controller determines what talkgroups are allowed to use each site and what talkgroups are allowed systemwide access.

sbcscann

Terry
So are you saying that I may not ever hear that again or maybe for quite some time.. I do hair radio checks County to County I believe it's every last Thursday of the month on region DIO. I think it might be FEMA

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
A local site may have only 8 voice channels thats kinda hard to share with a possible 10,000 talkgroups.
Some users may only turn on the radio for the test day and time.
I do not hear I-40 TDOT traffic unless I am near one of the I-40 tower sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.