RTL-SDR to Broadcastify on Windows, Conventional VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

j86u

As the title says, I'm looking for software to stream on Broadcastify using an RTL-SDR dongle and Windows. I am monitoring approximately 5-10 frequencies, all analog conventional VHF. My first priority is the ability to send alpha tags. SDR# and the Frequency Manager plug-in scans well, but I can't figure out how to send alpha tags with it. SDR-Trunk looks like it might work, but I don't know how to scan conventional frequencies with it. Any other options?

mikedaly

Feed Provider
I posted the same thing a while ago. No really good answers. Hopefully someone finds a solution

jhsands

Feed Provider
As the title says, I'm looking for software to stream on Broadcastify using an RTL-SDR dongle and Windows. I am monitoring approximately 5-10 frequencies, all analog conventional VHF. My first priority is the ability to send alpha tags. SDR# and the Frequency Manager plug-in scans well, but I can't figure out how to send alpha tags with it. SDR-Trunk looks like it might work, but I don't know how to scan conventional frequencies with it. Any other options?

Your first priority cannot be met that I know of and I have an extensive history with SDR and related programs. The rest is easy.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Trunk Recorder would work fine for this, but I'm not quite sure the pre-reqs for Windows as the operating system. It works fine for Conventional NFM and P25 Conventional. I've deployed this on Linux.

robotastic/trunk-recorder
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Streaming_with_Trunk_Recorder_and_Liquidsoap

Also, have a look at RTL-Airband. While designed for VHF Aircraft, it recently was updated to support NFM. It supports streaming directly to Broadcastify

szpajder/RTLSDR-Airband

None of these solutions are for the faint of heart, especially if you are going to try to get it running under Windows. But, dive in and get started, because you'll learn a lot.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Also note that most of this will run on a Raspberry Pi if you are doing some simple streaming to Broadcastify. So there's no need for high end computer to run this, you can simply use a $30 Pi to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.