Manassas City and Manassas Park Police Departments

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinColovos

I recently purchased a Uniden SDS 200 I am in need of assistance to listen to Manassas City and Manassas Park Police Departments, any assistance would be greatly appreciated

W4UVV

FYI the RR frequencies database lists 851.1125, 852.8750, 853.4000 and 853.4250 mhz.as the Manassas trs frrequencies. Most likely it is a P25 Phase 1 trs. Manassas Park is a user on the Manassas trs. Its' talkgroup is 3001.

Select the RR database listing in "trunked systems".

John:)
W4UVV

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Are you in midland? The P25 system coverage might not be that large and you may be outside the reception coverage.

wmullins8195

As a heads-up, the system is fairly low powered. As an example, I am near the Costco/Bull Run Shopping Center, and can only get about two bars, enough to listen well.

johnrockie

Feed Provider
Yeah its low powered. I'm 8 miles away from the city and get nothing. My SDS-100 struggles as well and only get something about 3-4 miles away from the city.

wmullins8195

John, have you tried a different antenna with your SDS100? I ended up going with the Diamond RH77, there's a good 800mhz only one, but this one seemed to give me the best performance on all bands around here (STARS, RR, Aircraft, etc).

johnrockie

Feed Provider
John, have you tried a different antenna with your SDS100? I ended up going with the Diamond RH77, there's a good 800mhz only one, but this one seemed to give me the best performance on all bands around here (STARS, RR, Aircraft, etc).
Using the Remtronix 800mhz antenna right now. It does a good job, I'm going to have to give that one a try though as I need to switch antennas everytime I need to go to STARS.

Status
Not open for further replies.