oldtimeradio

Where is site number 25?
SDS200 reads site 25 for Troop D's 800 MHz Control Channel freq.
CSERN freq list has the newer site number
I see what you are saying about Troop C Dispatch 1 not broadcasting on the Site 24, quite strange.

The Troop C TG 101 traffic is fine on Troop H Simulcast but I am also not getting it on the Troop C Simulcast. I was last month but am not now.

On DSDPlus, I just saw a "DENY" for a CSP radio (1802031) trying to get on TG 101 on Site 24, Troop C. Somehow, it seems like the talkgroup is blocked from transmitting on that site.

chris

The old Troop D Control Channel 852.200 has Troop C, and K on it, using all the old Troop D BUT it shows
site 25 NAC 3A5, it is not on the site list and I cannot find it, yet. Soapstone had 800 MHz equipment and from what I've heard from my old CSP contacts.

From the old timer,,,
The big problem was finding an antenna that could take all the power. Moto told us
the 2 time slot 700 had a huge power spike when changing slots.
Antennas had to be 5-10 KW rated. Bob K1CPJ sent a pix of Soapstone Mt
and there was a new blue colored dual feed antenna on the south side of the tower.
I assume that is the new 700 / 800 combined TX antenna. All systems have inverted
RX antennas. Better lightning protection inverted. SWR alarms on TX antennas but
no way to monitor RX if they go bad. Or get blown apart!!
?Lots of TX power now with 7 to 8 800 channels and at least 5 dual 700 channels.
Was around 60w at the antenna per carrier after combiner loss.

I saw a map somewhere showing the 5 sites around to cover Troop C, but I can't find it now. I think the other sites had site numbers. Site 25 (3A5) could be Soapstone.
It also could be the OLD Troop C 800 MHz location, (it has the same signal strength) the new Troop C 700 MHz site is Bald Hill, I believe the old site was Glastonbury. More research.....
OTR

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
So for dummies like me, is this resolved simply by waiting for the CSERN database to be updated and accurate and run an update in sentinel in due time? I have whatever is in the database there now loaded up and not hearing much activity at all. Usually here in my neck of the woods in the Danbury area the troopers are buzzing all day. Im using my 436 right now, my SDS100 is on its way just in time for all this simulcast

mkt853

So for dummies like me, is this resolved simply by waiting for the CSERN database to be updated and accurate and run an update in sentinel in due time? I have whatever is in the database there now loaded up and not hearing much activity at all. Usually here in my neck of the woods in the Danbury area the troopers are buzzing all day. Im using my 436 right now, my SDS100 is on its way just in time for all this simulcast
Eventually, yes. As you can see still a lot of research, discovery, and filling in of the details as the system was fully rolled out on Tuesday. It will take a little time, maybe a few weeks for the database to be fully updated and pushed down from Uniden into your scanner. In the meantime, you may have to manually program your scanner if you want to hear CSP depending on where you are in the state.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
Troop C is Simulcast Site 24 using NAC 3A4. They broadcast from 4 sites. Somers (Soapstone), Tolland (Troop C), Storrs (Eagleville Rd), and Union (Bald Hill).

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I have gathered for the system
Simulcast Sites:
21 - Troop G Simulcast
22 - Troop A Simulcast
23 - Troop B Simulcast
24 - Troop C Simulcast
25 - Troop D Simulcast
26 - Troop E Simulcast
27 - Troop F Simulcast
28 - Troop H Simulcast
29 - Troop I Simulcast
30 - Troop K Simulcast
31 - Troop L Simulcast

Standalone sites are the rest
37 in F's area
38 - Sharon (FD)
41 - Hartford (Hudson St)

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you mean by "Troop H isn't there anymore on the 800 MHz, as of 11:30 AM yesterday "
There is no 800 MHz channels as of now for 24, Troop C Simulcast
There is no 800 MHz channels as of now for 28, Troop H Simulcast
The legacy 800 Moto system SZ 9, Troop H, is still broadcasting. There is no longer CSP traffic on it.
Talkgroup 351, Troop H Dispatch 1, is currently on numerous Simulcast Sites

WoodburyMan

Not sure what you mean by "Troop H isn't there anymore on the 800 MHz, as of 11:30 AM yesterday "
There is no 800 MHz channels as of now for 24, Troop C Simulcast
There is no 800 MHz channels as of now for 28, Troop H Simulcast
The legacy 800 Moto system SZ 9, Troop H, is still broadcasting. There is no longer CSP traffic on it.
Talkgroup 351, Troop H Dispatch 1, is currently on numerous Simulcast Sites
He must mean The Moto SmartZone II system.

Everyone here has to be a bit clearer when referencing "800mhz" now, as before "800MHz system" used to mean the old SZ-II CSP System, and "700MHz system" used to mean P25-PII CSERN system. Now that CSERN is using 800mhz channels this is NOT the case and causes confusion.

Try to use CSERN whenever referring to the new system, and use something like "OLD CSP" or "Old SmartZone" system or something for the old system.

Most of the Old CSP SmartZone systems in Troop B, L, D and K were shut down on the 11th on the switchover date, as many of their frequencies were reused as CSERN channels. These areas did not have CSERN coverage prior to the cutover.
The old CSP SmartZone sites for other troops, that already have/had CSERN sites/locations in the 700mhz range are slowly shutting down. Of of yesterday Troop A's old CSP SmartZone control channel was still chugging along, be it with TONS of deny requests I saw in Unitrunker the morning of the 13th. It's possible it, and others like Troop H's, are now slowly being taken offline.

It's my feeling as these old CSP SmartZone system sites are being taken down, that they will reuse and reallocate all those 800mhz channels to other CSERN sites in some way. So we still may see some system changes to sites as we march forwards over the next few weeks or months.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I have gathered for the system
Simulcast Sites:
21 - Troop G Simulcast
22 - Troop A Simulcast
23 - Troop B Simulcast
24 - Troop C Simulcast
25 - Troop D Simulcast
26 - Troop E Simulcast
27 - Troop F Simulcast
28 - Troop H Simulcast
29 - Troop I Simulcast
30 - Troop K Simulcast
31 - Troop L Simulcast

Standalone sites are the rest
37 in F's area
38 - Sharon (FD)
41 - Hartford (Hudson St)

chris
oh site 41 might be at Hartford Hospital!?

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
I see it on my SDR, it is weak here in Stafford and is showing a NAC of 3A0 using DSD+ software. It may be Troop D

I'm now suddenly receiving Troop E and D on my sdr as of this morning. I did nothing. They just are there now.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/28978

My whistler 1065 is a nice paper weight until the database download works again. I can pick up CSP when I plug the frequency in as conventional but then there is no way to block out "Barbra" from new haven bus number 3 that will be late and spends ten mins on the mic at a time. Lol.

Last edited:

coolrich55

TG 23704. I haven't heard enough to confirm exactly what it is. Some sort of interop or simulcast. Heard station T talking to GFA. Also I believe I heard station T dispatch ems to Ender's Island. Not in the database yet. Obviously Stonington/Groton area.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
TG 23704. I haven't heard enough to confirm exactly what it is. Some sort of interop or simulcast. Heard station T talking to GFA. Also I believe I heard station T dispatch ems to Ender's Island. Not in the database yet. Obviously Stonington/Groton area.

That should be Stonington based off the TG. Cities and towns that join the system will have a TG in the XXXYY format. Where X will be based off the town/city tax Id. Stonington tax id is 137, so they add one to the first digit so towns with a tax id in the 001-099 range would have a TG in the 101-199 range as TGs can’t begin with a 0. The Y is sequential starting at 01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX7500X2

That should be Stonington based off the TG. Cities and towns that join the system will have a TG in the XXXYY format. Where X will be based off the town/city tax Id. Stonington tax id is 137, so they add one to the first digit so towns with a tax id in the 001-099 range would have a TG in the 101-199 range as TGs can’t begin with a 0. The Y is sequential starting at 01.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So your saying when Bridgeport (015) starts to switch over they will be 115 and prospect that is currently 115 will be 215 correct?

How does that work with Meriden? they are 080 and if you add a 1 they would be 180, and 180 is currently showing up as all the CSP cars
I see 180 (Trooper) 2 (Mobile Radio) XXX radio number all the time now on uni trunker

Is there a matrix out there, because the id thing from the state doesn't cover the +1 thing it just says the beginning will be the town code.

WoodburyMan

Looks like our friends processed and updated the RR database for CSERN and sorted out everyone's submissions!
Troop D, K, B and L were all added! Awesome! All the information there verifies what everyone has posted here and what I have found too.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7196

Currently only two sites remain unmapped by DSDPlus / Unitrunker.

Site 37, Standalone (Troop F Area), CC 859.9375
Site 38, Standalone (Troop B Area, Peer Troop B), CC 774.51875

And of course, if everyone checks the existed mapped towers for peers and find any unlisted site's that would help! I suspect those old CSP Moto SmartZone II sites/frequencies will be re-purposed at some point. Given everything is working and the radio techs did A LOT of work this week they may be backing off and working on small tweaks to what they have before adding more sites.

If no one maps Site 38 I will make a trip up north and try and map it from my car. I suspect it being Sharon or Waramaug area. My plans to try and map it from Goshen, as I was up there for the HAMFest the other week and I know I can hit the amateur radio repeater in Sharon from there. If I don't, I'll head to Dennis Hill in Norfolk, lovely little area up there at almost 1700ft where you can hear everything. (I could hear a VHF 30watt 2m signal from Redding, Oxford, Waterbury, Woodbury, New Milford, etc up there in the Region 5 ARES test I did...we acted as a relay site). I will also be in Old Saybrook on Monday and maybe Tuesday in Troop F area and can try and verify and map Site 38.