matt04

Premium Subscriber
So your saying when Bridgeport (015) starts to switch over they will be 115 and prospect that is currently 115 will be 215 correct?

How does that work with Meriden? they are 080 and if you add a 1 they would be 180, and 180 is currently showing up as all the CSP cars
I see 180 (Trooper) 2 (Mobile Radio) XXX radio number all the time now on uni trunker

Is there a matrix out there, because the id thing from the state doesn't cover the +1 thing it just says the beginning will be the town code.
That is my understanding on how the state will hand out TGs, and based on the towns and cities who joined so far it seems correct, but I haven't seen any official documensts to confirm 100%. Regarding radio IDs the state has a official policy basically xxxyzzz where xxx is the tax id if municipal or some other number for other users, y is portable, mobile, console, etc. and zzz is a sequential number.
https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DEMHS...s/StatewideP25UnitIdentificationpdf.pdf?la=en

I don't have any municipal users near me so I can't get radio IDs from them to see if they are still following that format.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Looks like our friends processed and updated the RR database for CSERN and sorted out everyone's submissions!
Troop D, K, B and L were all added! Awesome! All the information there verifies what everyone has posted here and what I have found too.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7196

Currently only two sites remain unmapped by DSDPlus / Unitrunker.

Site 37, Standalone (Troop F Area), CC 859.9375
Site 38, Standalone (Troop B Area, Peer Troop B), CC 774.51875

And of course, if everyone checks the existed mapped towers for peers and find any unlisted site's that would help! I suspect those old CSP Moto SmartZone II sites/frequencies will be re-purposed at some point. Given everything is working and the radio techs did A LOT of work this week they may be backing off and working on small tweaks to what they have before adding more sites.

If no one maps Site 38 I will make a trip up north and try and map it from my car. I suspect it being Sharon or Waramaug area. My plans to try and map it from Goshen, as I was up there for the HAMFest the other week and I know I can hit the amateur radio repeater in Sharon from there. If I don't, I'll head to Dennis Hill in Norfolk, lovely little area up there at almost 1700ft where you can hear everything. (I could hear a VHF 30watt 2m signal from Redding, Oxford, Waterbury, Woodbury, New Milford, etc up there in the Region 5 ARES test I did...we acted as a relay site). I will also be in Old Saybrook on Monday and maybe Tuesday in Troop F area and can try and verify and map Site 38.

Good I will run an update for my SDS100 and BCD325P2 later if there is one.

I will be less than happy if my HPII stopped receiving, though.

WoodburyMan

Good I will run an update for my SDS100 and BCD325P2 later if there is one.

I will be less than happy if my HPII stopped receiving, though.
If you're using the Uniden Sentinel software, Uniden only updates their database once a week on Sunday's. They grab data from RR and put it into their own database. Even though they update weekly, there's some delay and they're typically a few weeks behind. I have no idea how that FreeScan software works though, if it grabs directly from RR you may be good. You can also always enter the info manually.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
If you're using the Uniden Sentinel software, Uniden only updates their database once a week on Sunday's. They grab data from RR and put it into their own database. Even though they update weekly, there's some delay and they're typically a few weeks behind. I have no idea how that FreeScan software works though, if it grabs directly from RR you may be good. You can also always enter the info manually.

I believe it does grab it directly on FreeSCAN. But I don't know when, since I ran an update to my BCD325P2 and even though I see stuff there from the new CSERN nothing is receiving yet. It might have to wait until Sunday like Sentinel.

I did add that control channel you provided to an SDS100 FL and I am getting Troop L, B, H, and A now like before from home, so at least that one is working. But the same thing isn't working on my BCD325P2 with FreeSCAN. Perhaps I added it to the wrong spot, or maybe it's not set up correctly.

Hopefully when it is on the RR Database then it will come in on my BCD325P2.

Last edited:

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
FYI.. .. .. Troop D is using their old 800 MHz Control Channel (852.200) for CSERN.

Still haven't found Troop C RF yet....
I was receiving Troop D very well 3 days a go, now I hear no one. My BCD536HP shows no frequency,
yet it shows all department's for CT Police are being scanned. My new SDS200 shows frequency's being scanned but I still hear no department or troopers.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Standalone sites perhaps replace the Intellipeater sites and are to only fill a very small geographical area. I would expect that is may be an area of a dozen or so square miles. I know from tracking down and monitoring the Motorola IR sites that they carried very little traffic and only had a couple voice paths. Now with Phase 2, a 3 frequency site can carry 4 simultaneous conversations.

Hartford is 505 Hudson St and works well carrying a lot of CT Transit traffic as well as CSP and other users.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
I was receiving Troop D very well 3 days a go, now I hear no one. My BCD536HP shows no frequency,
yet it shows all department's for CT Police are being scanned. My new SDS200 shows frequency's being scanned but I still hear no department or troopers.

And you have reprogrammed the entire system to reflect that it is now P25 instead of Motorola Type II?

chris

snowscout

That should be Stonington based off the TG. Cities and towns that join the system will have a TG in the XXXYY format. Where X will be based off the town/city tax Id. Stonington tax id is 137, so they add one to the first digit so towns with a tax id in the 001-099 range would have a TG in the 101-199 range as TGs can’t begin with a 0. The Y is sequential starting at 01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely Stonington! I think it might be their new fire/ems dispatch.

snowscout

Question, and forgive me if someone has already asked this! Are there any more updates for Troop E CSERN? I have my 325P2 programmed to what is listed now and have heard, identified and locked out everything not Groton. Now, it seems every now and then there's miss or dropped response to some calls from the Dispatcher when they're calling certain units and not hearing those units responding. Maybe it's just me not paying attention! Anyways, just checking!

oldtimeradio

Troop D Simulcast
Windham 852.200c 853.200a 853.750
They are still using 800 MHz with Phase2 system data.
This is being done on several systems where all of the 700 MHz mobiles haven't been installed yet...

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Well thanks everyone I can hear Troops C,D,E,F,K again and now even Trp H from Norwich on my Whistler 1065.

Just had to edit the downloaded RR frequencies. Which for some reason win500 wasn't doing it. I used PSREDIT500 and downloaded the statewide CERN from RR but had to change the top listed freqs to

851.4375, 852.2625, 852.6500, 853.3875, 853.9125

Found those using my RTL-SDR and Dsdplus. Best damn 25 bucks I ever spent! I think I going to buy another so I can tinker with phase 2 when Norwich PD goes live.

Thanks everyone!

Live feed is back at 100%
Connecticut State Police Troops C,D,E,F,K, Norwich Police

https://www.broadcastify.com/manage/feed/28978

oldtimeradio

Troop D SimulcastWindham 852.200c 853.200a 853.750
This is being done on several systems where all of the 700 MHz mobiles haven't been installed yet...

OR you can use Troop C Simulcast control channel
Troop C SimulcastTolland 769.34375 769.90625 70?.06875a 771.23125a 772.05625a 774.05625c
All you should need is the control channel freq. The data tells the scanner the voice channel freq.
Troop H, D, K, and C are on this Simulcast. Site 24 is on Bald Mt. in Tolland.

APX7500X2

Troop D SimulcastWindham 852.200c 853.200a 853.750

All the new radios have been installed, Troop D will be staying 800 mhz. The radios don't care 700 or 800 its all the same all it looks at is the control channel

So far it looks like B & D are staying all 800, but they could put a 700 channel in anytime they want

oldtimeradio

He must mean The Moto SmartZone II system.

Everyone here has to be a bit clearer when referencing "800mhz" now, as before "800MHz system" used to mean the old SZ-II CSP System, and "700MHz system" used to mean P25-PII CSERN system. Now that CSERN is using 800mhz channels this is NOT the case and causes confusion.

Try to use CSERN whenever referring to the new system, and use something like "OLD CSP" or "Old SmartZone" system or something for the old system.

Most of the Old CSP SmartZone systems in Troop B, L, D and K were shut down on the 11th on the switchover date, as many of their frequencies were reused as CSERN channels. These areas did not have CSERN coverage prior to the cutover.
The old CSP SmartZone sites for other troops, that already have/had CSERN sites/locations in the 700mhz range are slowly shutting down. Of of yesterday Troop A's old CSP SmartZone control channel was still chugging along, be it with TONS of deny requests I saw in Unitrunker the morning of the 13th. It's possible it, and others like Troop H's, are now slowly being taken offline.

It's my feeling as these old CSP SmartZone system sites are being taken down, that they will reuse and reallocate all those 800mhz channels to other CSERN sites in some way. So we still may see some system changes to sites as we march forwards over the next few weeks or months.

OLD would be 800 MHz - Real Old would be LOW BAND 42.xx MHz Older - The Motorola Police Cruiser

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
If any of the Radio Engineers monitor here for the new system. Can you raise the Gain a bit for Troop H Simulcast. Troop H is alot lower then all the other troops I hear on this Site. Except the buses who are way too loud and I have them blacklisted anyways. The other troops are well good

Alec
N1AJW