CT State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I just checked the pro 2096 is getting csern on the old C & k system . The csen id's are coming up. On the bcd996xt , it will stop and just say link. No sound , no matter what way I do it. But sometimes I do get troop H. I know I am over looking something

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
I have tried using CC and Full Database scan and I still hear no CT ST Pol in my area. I live close to the NE Conn tower and now wonder if that tower is no longer used. I only use indoor antennas and wonder if that is a problem now. Should I try a range of frequencies to scan and what step should I use?

oldtimeradio

I have tried using CC and Full Database scan and I still hear no CT ST Pol in my area. I live close to the NE Conn tower and now wonder if that tower is no longer used. I only use indoor antennas and wonder if that is a problem now. Should I try a range of frequencies to scan and what step should I use?

Troop D SimulcastWindham 852.200c 853.200a 853.750
If you have everything built for CSERN just add the 852.200 control channel to the frequency list.
It will assign 800 MHz voice channels. The data is coming from the CSERN system.

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
Yes I hear the Troopers again, Thanks my friend, I just started to hear Troop C now I wait for Troop D. I do see unknown TGID 151 a lot. Yes TGID 151 is Troop D Dispatch. now I need to see what the Troop D Car/Car is. One last question and it is, Should I put CSERN on a favorite list of it's own? Right now I have it Connecticut state Police.

Last edited:

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I just checked the pro 2096 is getting csern on the old C & k system . The csen id's are coming up. On the bcd996xt , it will stop and just say link. No sound , no matter what way I do it. But sometimes I do get troop H. I know I am over looking something
Well my bcd996xt is a paper weight as far as the state pd goes. Its good thing I still got the 2096. I did everything I know. I don't know how you guys did it. Nothing worked for me.

I don't know how you guys did it. Nothing worked for me.
My 996XT is working receiving all troops.

Make sure you are using "P25 Standard". That is the only mode that will work properly

Start with the scanner in ID Search Mode.

Load ALL the control channels mentioned here AND in the database.

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
My 996XT is working receiving all troops.

Make sure you are using "P25 Standard". That is the only mode that will work properly

Start with the scanner in ID Search Mode.

Load ALL the control channels mentioned here AND in the database.
I have done that. Spent all day loading and reloading systems. I do not understand why the 2096 works. My bcd325p2 works a little better , but not much better. Thanks guys

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Yes I hear the Troopers again, Thanks my friend, I just started to hear Troop C now I wait for Troop D. I do see unknown TGID 151 a lot. Yes TGID 151 is Troop D Dispatch. now I need to see what the Troop D Car/Car is. One last question and it is, Should I put CSERN on a favorite list of it's own? Right now I have it Connecticut state Police.
The old Moto SmartZone is dead with the exception of the Troop H/H BDL Simulcast which still online but doesn't appear to carry any traffic. I deleted the entire system from my favorites lists.

Also, the old Moto SC TGs are ALWAYS divisible by 16. So if you see a unknown 3 or 4 digit TG mulpitly it by 16 to see if it matches up with a old Moto SZ TG. If you come across a 5 digit TG that is most likely a municipal user with the first 3 digits the towns TAX ID (i.e. tax id of 053 would look something like 15301, 15302 and Tax ID 103 would get a TG like 20301, etc.)

phototwo

Premium Subscriber
I have a Whistler TRX-1 and a Uniden 436hp, both are up running the lastest software. I've downloaded the latest master data base from into both units (via their software - whistler / sentinel) but I'm still not hearing CSP on either of them, any suggestions? I live in the Vernon area if that helps.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The legacy Motorola 4.1 system is still carrying a little bit of traffic. I suspect a bunch is related to the user not switching over to the new P25 bank. Any talkgroup seen on the 4.1 has at least one radio still affiliating on the old system. Since Saturday, I have seen DEEP (several TGs), DOC, DMV, JM, State Fire Coordinator, etc
853.2625 (H), 853.3125 (A/I), and 853.5625 (F) are still showing as active (that I can verify). Once it is completely shut down, there will likely be some folks wondering why their radios stopped working. A call to radio service should get them going again.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
Be sure you have properly installed the updates first to the software, then the update to the radios. You can look at the CT SW system info via the keypad and see if the new stuff is in the radio.

chris

brian943

Well my bcd996xt is a paper weight as far as the state pd goes. Its good thing I still got the 2096. I did everything I know. I don't know how you guys did it. Nothing worked for me.

You can try this CSERN only setup in FressScan or Proscan flavors, took the addition of a previously missing control channel to wake my 996xt up:

ProScan CSERN ProScan.txt

FreeScan CSERN FreeScan.996

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I have a Whistler TRX-1 and a Uniden 436hp, both are up running the lastest software. I've downloaded the latest master data base from into both units (via their software - whistler / sentinel) but I'm still not hearing CSP on either of them, any suggestions? I live in the Vernon area if that helps.

I will be in the Vernon area later this afternoon and I’ll bring my 436 to see what I can pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.