My SDS200 stops receiving and sending audio to ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner8143

Feed Provider
For the past several days my SDS200 will stop receiving signals and stop sending audio to ProScan/Broadcastify, to get it working again I have to turn off the scanner and turn it back on again. Prior to this it has worked great, I recently added a second county to monitor and feed to broadcastify is it possible that the tones that they are sending out is somehow affecting the scanner and if so how can I eliminate the tones but still hear and feed to broadcastify? It always seems to happen after they send out tones several times.

Scott

gootch

I intermittently loose connection to ProScan as well. No rhyme or reason I can tell. Dont know if its ProScan, my home network, the scanner itself or something else. Usually if it happens both my SDS-200 will disconnect but my 536HP usually keeps its connection.

scanner8143

Feed Provider
It's not losing the connection to the LAN or to ProScan, there is No Audio out of the Scanner and ProScan looks like it is recording but you cannot play the recording. The Only way I get the audio back on the scanner is to turn it off and back on again.

phask

Premium Subscriber
"ys my SDS200 will stop receiving signals a " "here is No Audio out of the Scanner a "

It if stops receiving there is nothing to send to Proscan, so just what are you trying to say?

frazpo

It's not losing the connection to the LAN or to ProScan, there is No Audio out of the Scanner and ProScan looks like it is recording but you cannot play the recording. The Only way I get the audio back on the scanner is to turn it off and back on again.
I had similar problem and guy told me to shorten name of site and take characters out of name. May want to take the additional site off you said you added. Try to then.

scanner8143

Feed Provider
I had similar problem and guy told me to shorten name of site and take characters out of name. May want to take the additional site off you said you added. Try to then.

The names are pretty short like Paging, F1 Response I will try locking out the new ones and see if still happens.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
For the past several days my SDS200 will stop receiving signals and stop sending audio to ProScan/Broadcastify, to get it working again I have to turn off the scanner and turn it back on again. Prior to this it has worked great, I recently added a second county to monitor and feed to broadcastify is it possible that the tones that they are sending out is somehow affecting the scanner and if so how can I eliminate the tones but still hear and feed to broadcastify? It always seems to happen after they send out tones several times.

Scott
I intermittently loose connection to ProScan as well. No rhyme or reason I can tell. Dont know if its ProScan, my home network, the scanner itself or something else. Usually if it happens both my SDS-200 will disconnect but my 536HP usually keeps its connection.

On both of these. Insure not running AVG anti-virus software as that will interrupt the TCP connection.
Also check that the LAN connection to the scanner is solid. If the LAN connection is interrupted then the scanner needs to be power cycled.

It sounds like the scanner did lose the connection from ProScan for one reason or another.

It's not a similar problem. You are referring to the recording files limitation with the WIndows.

frazpo

The fact that it shows a recorded file and it will not play is a similar problem.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The fact that it shows a recorded file and it will not play is a similar problem.
You're wrong on that. This thread "My SDS200 stops receiving and sending audio to ProScan" has to do with the scanner not sending audio and to fix it, the scanner needs to be power cycled.

Unsure why but recording seems to be working intermittently....or else I've changed an audio setting. Audio is good under the audio setup/ recording section. It captures the activity and it shows a recording time length but when you hit play the green button just stays stationary, doesn't move as it plays, and there is no audio. I've had this working but now no go.
This is from you. You stated that " Audio is good under the audio setup/ recording section" so it is different.

Joe_Blough

Seen several posts here and on You Tube of the SDS200 dropping audio and/or lossing reception until power cycled. Seems to be another common issue with the SDS200.

scanner8143

Feed Provider
On both of these. Insure not running AVG anti-virus software as that will interrupt the TCP connection.
Also check that the LAN connection to the scanner is solid. If the LAN connection is interrupted then the scanner needs to be power cycled.

It sounds like the scanner did lose the connection from ProScan for one reason or another.

It's not a similar problem. You are referring to the recording files limitation with the WIndows.

I am not running AVG, stopped using it years ago for other problems that it caused. As for the LAN connection, it can't be any stronger as it's plugged into the router.

ProScan itself looks like it is working as it looks like it always does and even the client looks like it always does. I do have times where ProScan shows it is recording but when I go to replay the recordings they do not work.

I did remove the other county that I put in when this all started and so far we are on 12+ hours and the scanner is working as it usually does and ProScan is recording normally also.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I did remove the other county that I put in when this all started and so far we are on 12+ hours and the scanner is working as it usually does and ProScan is recording normally also.

Whew thank the lord, we don’t need another item to add to the list... but if it fixes it, please dig into that entry in Proscan or via the front panel to see what may have caused it, double spaces, didn’t like a filter setting etc or anything, cus someone else will experience this guaranteed, with my luck with this thing probably me... Thank you both..

scanner8143

Feed Provider
Whew thank the lord, we don’t need another item to add to the list... but if it fixes it, please dig into that entry in Proscan or via the front panel to see what may have caused it, double spaces, didn’t like a filter setting etc or anything, cus someone else will experience this guaranteed, with my luck with this thing probably me... Thank you both..

It had nothing to do with ProScan for sure, this is a problem with the SDS200. We will try to figure out what happened but this is a feed scanner so we do not want to have it offline too much. There was no double spaces or special characters used, I have tried different filter settings and it happens with all of them. The county that was causing the problem can sometimes have a 20 to 30 second tone out which is the longest I have ever heard and I am wondering if that is overpowering something in the SDS200.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Seen several posts here and on You Tube of the SDS200 dropping audio and/or lossing reception until power cycled. Seems to be another common issue with the SDS200.

The BCD536HP is worse with the Wi-Fi interference as an added factor. I believe it has to do with the scanner RTSP code not receiving the TEARDOWN command from apps such as my ProScan, my RadioFeed, or VLC and therefore going into never never land. It could be due to the computer abruptly shuts down or crashes, apps improperly shut down, Ethernet connections intermittent, or other software interpreting the TCP traffic. Without knowing for sure and how the RTSP code works, perhaps the Uniden engineers could implement a watchdog timer that either will send a fake TEARDOWN command to the RTSP code or re-initialize the RTSP code.

Rikbirdradio

I attempted the wireless LAN route via the IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter, GWU637 (man, does that little thing run hot!). It did work, however, I too was experiencing a total drop of the connection from the radio to the router. So, out came a 20' LAN cable to direct connect the two. I'm not happy to report that the SDS200 and Proscan could not stay connected.

Proscan, SDS200, my Verizon Actiontec router, my Windows 10 two year old computer? Which one(s) is/are the culprit??

Rikbirdradio

Well, after a full factory reset, the 200 connects wirelessly to the router via the IOGEAR dongle. I'll check it when I get home to see if it lasts the 24hr stay connected to Proscan endurance test.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
My SDS200 has not dropped for over 2 months. Several others here have had long term connections without disconnects.
Not PROSCAN
Not SDS200
Not Windows 10
My guess is the Verizon Modem/Router.

Status
Not open for further replies.