Feeds keep dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebsterEMA

Howdy. I'm broadcasting 2 feeds from one of the computers at my job. I'm using RadioFeed v4.2 software. It's worked great for months, but in the last.. Month or so I'd guess, one feed will just stop. I'll get an email saying feed is down out of the blue. When I get to the building, one is working fine, the other I just have to click cancel or disconnect, then connect and it starts right back no problem.

It's not one particular feed. One time it'll be feed A, the other it might be feed B.

Going back through the logs, you can see both feeds getting a "Source Client - Boradcastify Timeout" message at the same time.
Then "Source Client Disconnected"

The client that continues broadcasting will then spend a minute or two showing
"Source Client Started To Connect To A Broadcastify Server"
and
"Source Client Unable To Connect To A broadcastify Server"
until finally settling on
"Source Client Connected To A Broadcastify Server"

The other one, after the disconnect, never tries to reconnect. I'm not sure what's interrupting both feeds at the same time, and I'm not sure why one won't reconnect, and the other does. Auto Reconnect (10 sec.) is checked for both instances of the program.

Is there any advice anyone can give? Some troubleshooting steps to try and figure out the problem?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Are both feeds connecting to the same audio server on broadcastify?
Ive seen similar posts in the past with issues like this and some have mentioned running a traceroute to see if there is an issue between the ISP and broadcastify.

WebsterEMA

Howdy. Thank you both for the reply. I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to this. I'm a volunteer at the organization, and other than showing up quickly to restart things sometimes, I don't make it out too often.

They are both connecting to the same audio server.

audio1.broadcastify.com

No installations of any anti virus recently. All we have on this computer is Windows Defender. I'm not sure if it's updated recently or not.

It's weird that both instances of the program running disconnect at the same time, with a timeout, and then keep trying to reconnect, but one just seems to give up.

Maybe it's a problem with the software rather than the servers/service?

Status
Not open for further replies.