Not open for further replies.

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
I read the the bill introduced to stop the give back failed was vetoed

On 12/18

Anyone hear otherwise?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I think it just never came to a vote before the end of the session. Failed means it didn't pass a roll call vote or make it out of committee. Vetoed means it made it through both the House and Senate, but the President refused to sign it, can't be both.

A similar bill was introduced on 1/10/19 for the current session. H.R.451 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Don't Break Up the T-Band Act of 2019

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
No 10-Year License Renewals for T-Band Licensees
Thursday, April 25, 2019

FCC will not process T-band license renewal applications in the interim, and all T-band renewal applications will be placed in a pending status.

However, assuming applications are timely filed and remain pending at the FCC, operations in the T-band spectrum can continue in full compliance with FCC rules.

Link: No 10-Year License Renewals for T-Band Licensees

D

DaveNF2G

Anything that would require major changes for New York City is going to fail until an exception is carved out.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
GAO Recommends Congress Allow Public Safety Continued Access to T-Band Spectrum

June, 2019

A June 21 report from the Government Accountability Office (GAO) recommends Congress pass a law allowing public-safety users to continue using the T-band spectrum for emergency communications.

Public-safety officials in 11 metropolitan areas rely on radio systems that use the portion of spectrum known as the T-band for mission-critical voice communications. GAO interviewed selected stakeholders, including first responders, and officials in three of four areas selected as case studies, anticipate significant challenges in relocating public-safety communications from the T-band.

Link: Emergency Communications: Required Auction of Public Safety Spectrum Could Harm First Responder Capabilities
Link: GAO Recommends Congress Allow Public Safety Continued Access to T-Band Spectrum

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
GAO Recommends Congress Allow Public Safety Continued Access to T-Band Spectrum

Logical and make sense, what everyone has been asking for.

But then Congress will get involved, and the large telecom companies will grease the palms, and I'd be you an ice cold beer we'll see T-Band auctioned off to AT&T or Verizon...
Usually I'm not so negative about these things, but I have little faith in Congress to do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.