PSR-800 Harris P25 Phase 2 Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC91

Radio Reference shows 6 frequencies for the site:
151.1525 151.220 151.280 151.4675 155.355 155.430
Does that match what you have? All must be entered for a Harris system.
Yep, that’s correct. There were only 2 freq’s added. 151.4675 and 155.3550. Then the system was switched from Phase I to Phase II. Technically yes all should be entered as possible control channels but so far they’ve only really used 155.4300, 151.2800 and 155.3550.

NC91

May i ask what a G 5 and SDS 100 is? Im in Franklin County NC as well, im using a Whistler WS 1065 and Uniden BCD 996xt, The Whistler went silent about 10 days ago but i can still hear a few transmissions on the Uniden. Thanks, retired FF and EMT in this county.
I’m curious to know when the 996xt worked. That probably was around the same time my PSR-800’s worked which would support my Phase I theory when they first switched over.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Under Site Options, are you using Custom or Auto Fill for the trunking tables. If it is Custom, switch to Auto Fill. The band plan may have changed when the additional frequencies were added. Your PSR-800 should continue to work with the switch to Phase 2.

ronnielewis18

I’m curious to know when the 996xt worked. That probably was around the same time my PSR-800’s worked which would support my Phase I theory when they first switched over.
I was hearing some on the Uniden yesterday but it may be off of the states Viper site im not sure, nothing on the Whistler.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Before you condemn the radio, make sure that the system type is set to Project 25, all six frequencies are entered and not locked out,, and the trunking tables are set to Auto Fill. Also check that the proper scan sets and scan lists are enabled. There is a possibility that the talkgroup ID's were changed when the system switched to Phase 2 and the database has not been updated yet. You could add a wildcard to the programming to check for that.

NC91

Before you condemn the radio, make sure that the system type is set to Project 25, all six frequencies are entered and not locked out,, and the trunking tables are set to Auto Fill. Also check that the proper scan sets and scan lists are enabled. There is a possibility that the talkgroup ID's were changed when the system switched to Phase 2 and the database has not been updated yet. You could add a wildcard to the programming to check for that.
Hi, thanks! I would love to say that I hadn't checked all that but sadly I have. I actually have Unitrunker running and I have all the info right including the band plan, the frequencies as well as the talkgroups. I have completely reset two of these scanners as well as format the sd cards. I have even added the system manually to the scanner and ensured that Auto Fill was set. (Even did a custom bandplan config with the proper bandplan in it) I will reply to your PM as well. I truly appreciate all the help!

NC91

Well, I broke down and bought a TRX-1. Should be here next week. I imagine that all will be fine given that I've seen that model working here in the county. Thanks again to all who helped in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.