Gps needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You'd need that cable regardless of whether you got the Amazon puck, or ordered Uniden's GPS. The Uniden GPS works as is for scanners such as the 436HP, 396XT, and others, but that specific cable is required for either the SDS100 or 325P2. The puck from Amazon is considerably cheaper than the Uniden GPS kit.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I was thinking of both just waiting for some funds to get them. Than I have to try it out when I get it.

Just buy the GPS puck designed for the SDS 200. The one for the SDS 100 and other scanner won't work without modifications. The SDS 200 GPS is the same one used with the CB/Scanner Uniden sells. It is a one cable solution that gets power from the scanner so you don't need any external power source.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just buy the GPS puck designed for the SDS 200. The one for the SDS 100 and other scanner won't work without modifications. The SDS 200 GPS is the same one used with the CB/Scanner Uniden sells. It is a one cable solution that gets power from the scanner so you don't need any external power source.
The OP noted that he was inquiring about an SDS100, so the SDS200 GPS kit would not work. But, yes, you would essentially need two different GPS setups if adding GPS capability to both an SDS200 and SDS100.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The OP noted that he was inquiring about an SDS100, so the SDS200 GPS kit would not work. But, yes, you would essentially need two different GPS setups if adding GPS capability to both an SDS200 and SDS100.
Sorry I misread his post. Disregard my post

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Bravo,
I have that puck and cable, and they do work well on my SDS100.
I've been looking on Amazon at that same puck. I'm hoping somebody comes out with one made for the SDS200 even though I really don't need one since mine isn't likely going to be mobile. I had thought about getting one of the advertised pucks for my SDS100 even though I already have the Uniden set up. It might be worth it just to have one as a backup or be able to use it on something like my BCD436HP and / or SDS100. I'm just wondering if there might be any problems and I'm going to wait to see how the reviews on the Amazon advertised product works out. So far it looks like most people have been happy with it on their SDS100 scanners. As long as it works, you really can't go wrong for $40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I've been looking on Amazon at that same puck. I'm hoping somebody comes out with one made for the SDS200 even though I really don't need one since mine isn't likely going to be mobile. I had thought about getting one of the advertised pucks for my SDS100 even though I already have the Uniden set up. It might be worth it just to have one as a backup or be able to use it on something like my BCD436HP and / or SDS100. I'm just wondering if there might be any problems and I'm going to wait to see how the reviews on the Amazon advertised product works out. So far it looks like most people have been happy with it on their SDS100 scanners. As long as it works, you really can't go wrong for $40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

sds200 gps UNIDEN CB-GPSK GPS, CBGPSK

lowes1

I am about to order the Uniden gps receiver with the required cable for the SDS 100. Any recommendations as to which dc to usb adapter would be best to put into the car cigarette lighter slot to power the cable?

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
I am about to order the Uniden gps receiver with the required cable for the SDS 100. Any recommendations as to which dc to usb adapter would be best to put into the car cigarette lighter slot to power the cable?
The one I use with my SDS 100 and GPS receiver is this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge...+24w+dual+usb&qid=1562872182&s=gateway&sr=8-2
I prefer the Anker brand name. However, it is not very critical at all, as long as it can put out 2 amps. The unit I list there I just used on a vacation drive from Ohio and Tennessee and back. Worked like a charm!

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Brand name does matter. Anker, Scosche, RAVPower & Belkin are some accessory companies that I've used without issue. Definitely do not get the store check out isle/convienience store variety.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Brand name does matter. Anker, Scosche, RAVPower & Belkin are some accessory companies that I've used without issue. Definitely do not get the store check out isle/convienience store variety.
Stick with a quality power supply. (I've always had good luck with Anker.) Some of the cheap ones don't deliver the amperage they say.

I'm using a Tom Tom brand that came with a (now broken) GPS. It has sufficient amperage to power the GPS antenna and keep the radio charged. (Note: You have to set the SDS100 so you can both operate and charge at the same time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.