Listening on Lackland (AFB, San Antonio, TX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firekite

There’s a good chance I’ll be spending some time hanging out on base at Lackland, and I’d like to get my Uniden BCD436HP set up to monitor the surroundings for interesting stuff going on. I realize there will be a lot of aircraft based activity (which I don’t care to listen to all that much but might be entertaining), and I realize most of the good stuff like MP activities are all encrypted, which is a bummer.

Based on these lists it seems like it’s mostly just maintenance crews and air activity that are available. Am I reading it right? Any advice for those who might be familiar with the generalities of bases or even Lackland in particular?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7769

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=78

Firekite

FYI I overlooked that most of the encryption is noted properly as a lower case “e” since it’s onpu partial. I’ve seen a mix of both, but unsurprisingly there’s not a lot of especially entertaining stuff going on across the board.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
I live near Randolph AFB and I do listen to the base trunk system. I mostly listen to the Randolph aircraft talk groups. Like MOC and POL and Base ops and Airfield Ops. Most of the information on the database page I have found. If You find any thing new please let me know or submit it to the database.

Thanks
Don

Firekite

I haven’t being doing any searches or anything, but nothing on the couple of Close Call alerts I had seemed novel.

nd5y

I'm always looking for new talkgroups on the Sheppard site. There are a lot here that I can't ID and most users don't have encryption turned on. Occasionally I see talkgroups from San Antonio area or other bases show up here.

There is a wiki article for unidentified talkgroups
I think Don and I are the only ones who use it.

Firekite

What’s the best way on my 436HP to monitor all traffic on the system (site) rather than specific selected talkgroups from the canned database that I’ve shifted into my favorites?

I may end up spending a day or two on Randolph soon, and I’ll prep it for that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.