Whistler Customer Service Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lands818

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response! I’m muddling my way through which manual is closest to the features for my now upgraded PRO668–nothing really has me stumped, but some of the fine points like this have me searching...

lands818

Premium Subscriber
If you had the Legacy Upgrade, your scanner is now a Whistler WS1080. Use Whistler 1080/1088 Handheld EZ-Scan for all of your programming and updates.

tvengr, that is/was my understanding—I ~should~ essentially have a WS1080 since the legacy upgrade was performed, but then things like the absence of the inverted color “S” icon in WS1080 documentation has thrown me off somewhat. Thankfully I don’t mind a learning curve with partial documentation! :ROFLMAO: Thanks to all for the support on here!

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I bought a BRAND NEW ws1098 directly from Whistler and the 700/800 was completely messed up out of the box. I sent it back and it arrived on 7/19, they didn't acknowledge it until 7/25. Still sitting there.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
tvengr, that is/was my understanding—I ~should~ essentially have a WS1080 since the legacy upgrade was performed, but then things like the absence of the inverted color “S” icon in WS1080 documentation has thrown me off somewhat. Thankfully I don’t mind a learning curve with partial documentation! :ROFLMAO: Thanks to all for the support on here!
Much has been added in firmware updates that is not in the manuals.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -
My apologies for being a bit late to the party. I was out sick on Friday. We take customer service very seriously here at Whistler and I have been in contact with the OP to see if I can help in this situation. As always, if you have any issues at all, please feel free to reach out to me and let me know. I can't always help but I promise to try if I can.

Thanks!
Whistler Wendy

lands818

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -
My apologies for being a bit late to the party. I was out sick on Friday. We take customer service very seriously here at Whistler and I have been in contact with the OP to see if I can help in this situation. As always, if you have any issues at all, please feel free to reach out to me and let me know. I can't always help but I promise to try if I can.

Thanks!
Whistler Wendy

Soooooo...quick update for those who are interested. WhistlerWendy did indeed reach out to me on the 6th as she indicated here in the forums. I responded with details/concerns on the 7th. I have received ZERO response or acknowledgement from WhistlerWendy as to my concerns.

I’m not difficult or unreasonable, have worked in customer service for years and I constructively pointed out weaknesses in how things were handled as she seemed legitimately concerned about what had transpired.

Variety is the spice of life and keeps the world moving. Those of you who are Whistler fans, I respect your opinion. As for me, almost a week without a response nor even an acknowledgement of my response that was requested speaks louder than ANYTHING else Whistler could have done. Never another dime from this ol’ boy...NEVER!

Cbman417

Soooooo...quick update for those who are interested. WhistlerWendy did indeed reach out to me on the 6th as she indicated here in the forums. I responded with details/concerns on the 7th. I have received ZERO response or acknowledgement from WhistlerWendy as to my concerns.

I’m not difficult or unreasonable, have worked in customer service for years and I constructively pointed out weaknesses in how things were handled as she seemed legitimately concerned about what had transpired.

Variety is the spice of life and keeps the world moving. Those of you who are Whistler fans, I respect your opinion. As for me, almost a week without a response nor even an acknowledgement of my response that was requested speaks louder than ANYTHING else Whistler could have done. Never another dime from this ol’ boy...NEVER!
Maybe you need to call her a Whistler.

ICOMTech

2/19/2020 I called about parts for a legacy Pro-106 grecomm same as WS1040,Ask about ordering front Panel faceplate,,and VOL/SQ- Potentiometer for inside radio,,No we don,t sell parts, Bad Parts service,,Weres a good Whistler Scanner service Center,,
I deal with ICOM America ,,for parts because I,m a dealer,,Never Had this much Run around with Whislter,,I HAve better luck with Uniden Parts service,,

Status
Not open for further replies.