Orange County CCCS P25 Update

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
If its an official feed than it would have a star next to the feed saying official. FYI
Considering the talk groups are still encrypted, I assume it would have to be official unless FDVoice has a way to decipher the communications.
I'm still glad the feed is here.

hbscanner1

Just heard dispatch for Newport on Broadcastify; question is why am I unable to monitor these calls on the Countywide cell if dispatches are unencrypted, as I hear nothing? Or is the present Metronet feed supplied solely by Fire and hence can directly go to Broadcasity? Am I missing something here? Thx for replies!

allend

Premium Subscriber
Most likely these feed is being broadcast from an official dispatch center that is being fed from an encrypted dispatch console or radio. Until the airwaves are put back into the clear there is nothing that can be heard via the scanner radios

allend

Premium Subscriber
Metro Cities Fire Authority (Metro Net)
33 mins ·
Many of our followers are asking for an update on the radio encryption of fire radios. The OC fire chiefs are actively working on a solution, but we discovered the change is more complicated and will take time. In the interim, the fire chiefs agreed to stream dispatch audio in the clear. To do this Metro Net installed hardware to our radios allowing us to stream the audio to Broadcastify.com. The link to our combined two dispatch channels

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/31006

The fire chiefs will meet again soon to discuss additional steaming channels. For now, you can follow our dispatches at the above link and on many scanner apps. We also stream to the PulsePoint app.
Thank you for your patience as we work through the encryption issue.

Hopefully OCFA gets on-board too.

engineco16

Premium Subscriber
I may have to start my campaign over again. Many news sources are chomping at the bit to get involved. Thankfully there hasn't been any major fires in the OC so far.

gregfromtheoc

Broadcastify Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Metro Cities Fire Authority (Metro Net)
33 mins ·
Many of our followers are asking for an update on the radio encryption of fire radios. The OC fire chiefs are actively working on a solution, but we discovered the change is more complicated and will take time. In the interim, the fire chiefs agreed to stream dispatch audio in the clear. To do this Metro Net installed hardware to our radios allowing us to stream the audio to Broadcastify.com. The link to our combined two dispatch channels

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/31006

The fire chiefs will meet again soon to discuss additional steaming channels. For now, you can follow our dispatches at the above link and on many scanner apps. We also stream to the PulsePoint app.
Thank you for your patience as we work through the encryption issue.

Hopefully OCFA gets on-board too.
Thank you for your effort. Because of PulsePoint, the dispatch talkgroups are less important than the fire tacticals. Also, keep working on removing encryption from all the fire talkgroups because streaming through Broadcastify does not help people with scanners that frequently lock onto a specific talkgroup to avoid missing transmissions that would be covered by other talkgroups in a multiple talkgroup Broadcastify stream.

gregfromtheoc

Broadcastify Feed Provider
Feed Provider
I may have to start my campaign over again. Many news sources are chomping at the bit to get involved. Thankfully there hasn't been any major fires in the OC so far.
Yes, keep the pressure on for removing alll encryption. I can't help but believe that the Sheriffs Dept who runs CCCS feels this is very low priority for them and would love to never remove the encryption.

allend

Premium Subscriber
It's never fair to ask people to keep the pressure on for removing all of the encryption if people don't get involved in the process too.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
They are aitting ducks, but if you are referring to the ability to hear radio traffic, that is absolutely unaffected by this whole encryption thing.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Trust me its on his plate to get done. Most likely its going to take more than 60 days. We all know that the switch was not going to be exactly flipped on day 60. From what I am hearing is that they are re-programming radios at a rate of 250 a night and there are thousands of them that need to be re-programmed. Also, there is more technical things that need to be implemented on the back-end of the radio network too so a "no touch" is implemented moving forward. OTAP and OTAR.

Hopefully you get a nice response back and a time line.

piper9285

In the meantime, I purchased a btech dmr-6x2. It has the capability of doing dmr, MotoTRBO, and P25. It also has encryption capabilities. I don't think it does trunking, but I'm going to try a dirty form of trunking by just scanning frequencies in the 70 cm band, and see what happens. If someone has some expertise with this radio, I'm open to comments, and advise.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
In the meantime, I purchased a btech dmr-6x2. It has the capability of doing dmr, MotoTRBO, and P25. It also has encryption capabilities. I don't think it does trunking, but I'm going to try a dirty form of trunking by just scanning frequencies in the 70 cm band, and see what happens. If someone has some expertise with this radio, I'm open to comments, and advise.

it does not do P25 and mototrbo is DMR. It only does analog and DMR.

gabrielm

Premium Subscriber
Well we're moving forward instead of them telling us to pack sand. We did a lot of work to at least get to this point.
I’m not implying that you didn’t do a ton to get us to this point. You did, and I’m so grateful! I just wish they’d give us a clearer timeline.

engineco16

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

allend

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully the streaming audio is not going to be the perm fix to the encrypted radio issues that we have been dealing with. When they say tacticals coming soon. Wonder what that means? Maybe a little paranoia but I don't trust these folks making these decisions. OCSD wanted all of these talkgroups locked down since day one.

Hopefully I am not reading too deep into these tweets since the OCFA chief is not releasing too much details and saying more and more streaming is coming down the pipes. Just a little concerned