• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR XPR3500e does not have talkaround option in settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank67

I am programming 2 XPR3500e radios and 1 XPR3500 radio. The XPR3500 radio has a talkaround option along with all the other options in utilities > radio settings. The XPR3500e's however do not have talkaround and a lot of other options for that matter. The only options they have are brightness, backlight timer, and intelligent audio. The main thing I'm worried about is talkaround, does anyone know how to get the talkaround option into settings?

Last edited:

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I am programming 2 XPR3500e radios and 1 XPR3500 radio. The XPR3500 radio has a talkaround option along with all the other options in utilities > radio settings. The XPR3500e's however do not have talkaround and a lot of other options for that matter. The only options they have are brightness, backlight timer, and intelligent audio. The main thing I'm worried about is talkaround, does anyone know how to get the talkaround option into settings?

Have you enabled it in your menu under general settings?

Tank67

Have you enabled it in your menu under general settings?

That’s something I forgot to add, I don’t see an option for it in general settings.

What subcategory would it be under? Just so I can double check.

W2PDX

In CPS it's under Menu -> Utilities. Check the box. This allows you to have the option in the radio's menu (along with backlight, backlight timer, etc). Talkaround is specific to each channel so even though you have it enabled as a menu option and/or a button (under the "Buttons" menu in CPS). Check that each channel has the "Allow Talkaround" button checked.

N4KVE

And in the window where you set TS, CC, etc, there should be a box labeled allow talk around. Check that box. It’s there on a per channel basis.

Tank67

In CPS it's under Menu -> Utilities. Check the box. This allows you to have the option in the radio's menu (along with backlight, backlight timer, etc). Talkaround is specific to each channel so even though you have it enabled as a menu option and/or a button (under the "Buttons" menu in CPS). Check that each channel has the "Allow Talkaround" button checked.

Yup that's what I was looking for. However, I've checked it off and wrote it to the radio yet the option still does not show on the radio.

I've had allow talkaround checked on the channel I've needed yet it didn't/does not work.

W2PDX

Yup that's what I was looking for. However, I've checked it off and wrote it to the radio yet the option still does not show on the radio.

I've had allow talkaround checked on the channel I've needed yet it didn't/does not work.
Do you have a physical button assigned to TA or are you just relying on the menu option? Also, just confirming the obvious, you are trying to use TA on a repeater (different TX/RX) frequency right?

Tank67

Do you have a physical button assigned to TA or are you just relying on the menu option? Also, just confirming the obvious, you are trying to use TA on a repeater (different TX/RX) frequency right?

I have a physical button for it assigned, but it won't work which is why I've been trying to enable it in settings.

Yup that's correct, on a repeater freq with different TX/RX. Our other radios need it on in order to work on the channel so that's why I've been trying enable it.

W2PDX

Did you try all of these settings? Not sure how familiar you are with CPS but it's not too hard to accidentally have a conflicting setting.

• For MOTOTRBO Conventional radios on a Digital channel, the Transmit and Receive frequencies must be different for this feature to be enabled.
  • To disable this feature, the RX Signaling System and TX Signaling System must have the same values.
  • This feature is not editable and is disabled if RX Only (Conventional Channel) is enabled.
  • For MOTOTRBO Conventional radios on an Analog channel, at least one of the following Transmit and Receive parameters must be different for this feature to be enabled: Frequency, Squelch Type, DPL Code, DPL Invert, TPL Frequency, TPL Code and Signaling System.
  • For MOTOTRBO Conventional radios on an Analog channel, the channel must have its RX Signaling System feature set to an MDC System to send an MDC Emergency in Talkaround mode.
  • For 3600 Trunking capable radios on an Analog conventional channel, at least one of the following Transmit and Receive parameters must be different for this feature to be enabled: Frequency, Squelch Type, DPL Code, DPL Invert and TPL Setting.
  • This feature is not available in the Capacity Plus - Single Site system.
  • This feature is disabled and greyed out if Enhanced GNSS is enabled. This dependency is not applicable for MOTOTRBO codeplug version R06.00.xx and later.
  • This feature is disabled when the Dual Capacity Direct Mode (DCDM) feature is enabled.
  • This feature is disabled when the Extended Range Direct Mode feature is enabled.
  • This feature is applicable to MOTOTRBO Conventional radios and 3600 Trunking capable radios in Conventional mode only.

Tank67

Did you try all of these settings? Not sure how familiar you are with CPS but it's not too hard to accidentally have a conflicting setting.

I'm fairly new to CPS (although I've been doing well so far :p) I'll be sure to try these out.

EDIT: I think the issue is that these two XPR3500E radios do not have the Capacity Plus Multi-Site (they have single site) feature whereas the regular XPR3500 I have here does have it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.