96.1 FM New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondi_

First heard this station near Stewart airport, NY.
I had also brought my ipod with me up to the Adirondacks, where I stayed for a few days at a hotel in Lake Placid.
I was surprised that I could still get 96.1 so far upstate, still hearing that same static and a quick buzz, like UVB-76, sped up and high pitched. A few nights ago, I kept this station on for about 12 hours, hoping to come across something interesting. A sound like fingernails on a chalkboard combined with rusty nails in an old tin can broke the buzz for maybe 5 seconds and very muffled voices afterward. I couldn't make out anything said.
Although this station is easier for me to access, UVB-76 is still my go-to favorite.
Anyone else listen to 96.1 or hear anything unusual on it?

k2hz

Database Admin
You probably heard the Poughkeepsie staiton at Stewart but, in the Adirondacks, WLVF in Norwood (St Lawrence Co.) is most likely with WDEV in Vermont or WODZ Utica also possible. There are many stations on 96.1 in NY and adjacent states and Canada.

Blondi_

I've been listening to the station for almost two months now but I've never heard anything other than a shrill buzz and whatever happened the one time it was interrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.