Pro-652: scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you press the scan button and it says nothing enabled, first press numbers on the keypad to turn on scan lists. If nothing scans, the working memory has probably been erased. It you reset the radio, that will clear the memory. The weather frequencies reside in firmware and will not be affected. You will probably have to reprogram the radio to get it working again. You can try to load a V-Scanner folder to the working memory to check if the radio is functioning OK. You can try resetting the scanner to global settings factory defaults. That will not erase the memory. Turn radio on. At welcome screen, press and release 0 and then press and release 2.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hi I have a Radio Shack Pro 652 scanner. It was working just find and now can not receive any thing but he weather.

We need more information before anyone can begin to help. Your title is misleading to begin with. Are you inquiring how to manually program your scanner, or are you asking what software is available to use to program your scanner. Or do you think there is something wong with your scanner because it just stopped working? What is it you're trying to do?

larrylock

Premium Subscriber
Here goes... I have a RS Pro652 scanner. Used it for a long time but gave it a break for a few years. In the mean time Maricopa County and Agencies have changed frequencies. I erased all the prior db I had installed but now have no idea what or how to install a new db. I did read somewhere the new Maricopa County/MCSO db should work in the 652. I am considering a qualified programmer in the NW valley.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Here goes... I have a RS Pro652 scanner. Used it for a long time but gave it a break for a few years. In the mean time Maricopa County and Agencies have changed frequencies. I erased all the prior db I had installed but now have no idea what or how to install a new db. I did read somewhere the new Maricopa County/MCSO db should work in the 652. I am considering a qualified programmer in the NW valley.

You might want to inquire in the Arizona section of the forum. I'm not familiar with Maricopa County, if they moved to Phase 2 or encrypted. In either of those two cases the PRO652 will no longer work. Have you looked at the database?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Hi I have a Radio Shack Pro 652 scanner. It was working just find and now can not receive any thing but he weather.
If you are in Berlin MD, Ocean City, Worcester Co, and the FIRST statewide system are all P25 Phase 2 which the Pro-652 cannot receive. The 652 is capable of Phase 1 only.

larrylock

Premium Subscriber
You might want to inquire in the Arizona section of the forum. I'm not familiar with Maricopa County, if they moved to Phase 2 or encrypted. In either of those two cases the PRO652 will no longer work. Have you looked at the database?
I did find the Maricopa County AZ db. It is P25 II. I now own a $400.00 Radio Shack brick. Thank you for your help.

N8IAA

Deleted. LL answered his own question.

Status
Not open for further replies.