DeKalb Co P25 700mhz system

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA9QPN

We're now told that it's July 1st. That said, there does not appear to have been a license issued for the main system: only the link frequencies. This is quite peculiar, as the system is in use at the jail.

KA9QPN

Several weeks ago, I took a road trip up to Sycamore as that is currently the only active site. I was able to determine a control channel and a system ID but not much else as the jail channel is encrypted. The fact that there is no license data out there still mystifies me.

KA9QPN

I could not tell from what I heard. However, it’s likely a safe bet that, being an entirely new system, my money would be on Phase II. I wonder if it’s possible to ask the FCC to not post the license to ULS?
Win, lose or draw, we’ll find out on Monday.

VASCAR2

Maybe they are leasing onto an existing system where the system does the licensing. Could be licensed to ETSB or other quasi government entity (county, city, township or university) that oversees the system. They could create a unique taxing district similar to Fire Protection District.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Nope and the VHF analog system sounds horribly over modulated on the dispatch side. The Mobiles and Portables sound fine.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
After discussion with a source of knowledge on the inside who wished to remain anonymous . The system is having serious issues with dropping calls even in the Jail where it is being used daily there have been techs out from EFJ/Kenwood to try to fix it without much success. The whole system will be encrypted for all PD's in the county and apparently all are onboard (NIU is still a maybe being a state agency but dispatched by DeKalb City PD) even Sandwich who is leaving their UHF.. Dekalb City PD is leaving starcom and Fire will be moving also. The control channel changes every night at Midnight there are 12 frequencies in use all are currently licensed to EFJ/KW and will be transferred to DeKalb once the system is formally up and running. The county Fire departments and Sycamore are staying VHF but are going to use the old Sheriff dispatch as the new Fire dispatch the old county fire freq is going to be paging only.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Will Co just installed a EFJohnson P25 system and most users are pulling there hair out in disgust with its coverage....Its NOT "ENC".....

KA9QPN

Interesting about all agencies being encrypted. I was given what is purportedly a talk group/channel spreadsheet for the radios purchased for Sandwich. There are a number of tactical channels marked as encrypted, with none of the dispatch channels marked as such. I guess that we’ll just need to wait and see. It’s beginning to look like another giant radio system boondoggle.

KA9QPN

A couple of new talkgroups active. TG 84 appears to be the jail and has been active/encrypted for a while. TG 32 apparently is the "special event" channel being used for deputies in and around the Sandwich Fair this week. It's also encrypted. TG 143(?) was also heard, with snippets of traffic in the clear. I did not have a good enough copy to determine the user.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Heard it on what? Starcom21? what frequencies? Control channels? I know one thing. ENC keeping citizens in the County from getting fast information sure won't help if another Faridale IL Tornado situation comes around.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
No EFJ/Kenwood holds the license as I explained above. The people who have them wont share them ..

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Heard it on what? Starcom21? what frequencies? Control channels? I know one thing. ENC keeping citizens in the County from getting fast information sure won't help if another Faridale IL Tornado situation comes around.
Read above.. It's not Starcom and people will still hear what's going in a disaster as County fire is staying analog VHF...

nd5y

Are the licensed freqys published anywhere for this new system ?????
Why don't you try searching 769-775 MHz in 6.25 kHz steps. If the system is on the air and you are in range you will find the control channels.

I don't know how accurate the data is for your region but CAPRAD show the following allocated for De Kalb County, IL.
Code:
General Use    769.83125    Requested
General Use    769.84375    
General Use    770.30625    Requested
General Use    770.31875    
General Use    771.50625    Requested
General Use    771.51875    
General Use    771.83125    Requested
General Use    771.84375    
General Use    772.10625    Requested
General Use    772.11875    
General Use    772.43125    Requested
General Use    772.44375    
General Use    772.75625    
General Use    772.76875    
General Use    773.40625    
General Use    773.41875    
General Use    773.65625    
General Use    773.66875
EFJ/Kenwood holds the license as I explained above.
That sounds like somebody fed you BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.