My coil tude headphones are so quiet on my SDS100 why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels1911

I bought the Stereo to mono plug you guys recommended and it sounds worse than just plugging the coil tube in its self, it sounds all distorted very low volume.

What are my options now?

wheels1911

When you select a pair of headphones, check the specifications to see what the impedance is.

Make sure the impedance specification is 32 ohms or less to match the radio.

How does that look?

landradi00

I have noticed that the output from the SDS100 is significantly less audio gain than the equivalent level on the BC330T

The 330 I can plug into the car Aux jack at 6/10 on the scanner and about 2/3 volume on the car and it's perfect (about as loud as the FM radio or a CD playing would be at 2/3 volume). With the SDS100 I have to turn the volume up to 10 on the scanner and/or up to 90% on the car to get the voice levels comparable on a conventional P25 system (Seattle PD). At that volume, there's a lot of warbly bass noise coming out that wasn't present in the 330. So I think there are two things at play here, one is the demodulation in the SDS has more bass warble, and the AF gain of the headphone jack output is lower than the 330 at comparable volume setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.