BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Group quick key (Off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightsteel

Premium Subscriber
I have about 7000 frequencies programmed on my scanner. Ive noticed that a lot of my groups with quick keys assigned are off with the * in the display. Even though I have them on before I upload them with proscan 15.4. WHne this happens I end up up missing out on a lot of transmissions because I have to fumble through the menus to re-enable the groups. Does anyone know if maybe I'm doing something wrong or there is a bug with either proscan or my unit?

I end up up missing out on a lot of transmissions because I have to fumble through the menus to re-enable the groups.
I don't know about Proscan but in Freescan there is a setting called "Startup Key" which tells the scanner to enable that GQK on startup.

I'd look for something similar.

hightime

I have about 7000 frequencies programmed on my scanner. Ive noticed that a lot of my groups with quick keys assigned are off with the * in the display. Even though I have them on before I upload them with proscan 15.4. WHne this happens I end up up missing out on a lot of transmissions because I have to fumble through the menus to re-enable the groups. Does anyone know if maybe I'm doing something wrong or there is a bug with either proscan or my unit?
If you go into Proscan and click on the Database tab. Then in the next set of tabs that show up go to Group Quick key Status. Go thru and enable or disable the systems and the groups you want to have loaded each time. Save and upload to the scanner. If you make changes to the radio on the fly and download from the radio to proscan it will change everything to match the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.