Sentinel 2_02_01 install incompatibility w/Win10 2019-08 cumulative update for .net framework?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewket

I'm trying to install Sentinel 2_02_01 on a Win 10-1903 build 18362.329 with the 2019-08 cumulative update for .NET. The sentinel installer is aborting looking for .NET, which is installed. My guess is the installer needs to be updated to recognize the version that the cumulative update rev'd to. I haven't opened a case with Uniden (I don't know how, or how to get to someone who would understand.)

Anyone else having this issue and can verify?

Andrew

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to install Sentinel 2_02_01 on a Win 10-1903 build 18362.329 with the 2019-08 cumulative update for .NET. The sentinel installer is aborting looking for .NET, which is installed. My guess is the installer needs to be updated to recognize the version that the cumulative update rev'd to. I haven't opened a case with Uniden (I don't know how, or how to get to someone who would understand.)

Anyone else having this issue and can verify?

Andrew

Been posted quite a few times....

You need to install older .NET files, they are not cumulative releases.

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)”. You don't need to select the 2 sub-headings under that main one.

Click OK, and it will be installed.

andrewket

I have 3.5 installed. However, it appears I have two versions of 2.x installed, too. I'll go clear it all out and start over.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I have Windows 10 with 1903 updates and all of the .NET frameworks and never have had any issues with installing the newer versions of Sentinel software.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Uninstalling the multiple versions and re-installing fixed it. Watch the auto update folks...

Hopefully you don't have another app that targets a different framework version. Other app may not work when you need it.

D

DaveNF2G

As someone else noted, you need at least .NET 2 through 4. The latest update installs .NET 4.8.

hitch

Premium Subscriber
After the most recent update on my computer I can't get it to open either. Tried installing every version of .NET out there and ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” is on. Reinstalled Sentinel and nothing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.