Need help with DSD+ FL and p25 trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

peanut0range

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to sdr and need of some help please.
I can decode p25 using sdr# with the dsd+ plugin without problem.
Now i got a second rtl_sdr ( both are nooelec nesdr smart v4) to listen to trunked systems.
So i set up fmp24.cc to the correct channel and start it.
Then i open CC and nothing comes up in the CC event log.

I've attached a screenshot as well and please let me know if you need additional info.
Thank you!

Attachments

• dsd+.png
    dsd+.png
    85 KB · Views: 14
  • sdr#.png
    sdr#.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 13

slicerwizard

7.6 kHz bandwidth is inappropriate for P25 monitoring. Press B in FMP24 to change it to 9.5 or 12.5 kHz.

And you only need one dongle to monitor P25 calls. Start DSD+ via the 1R.bat file.

peanut0range

So I made the changes you recommended and switched to use only one dongle. Still not getting anything for some reason. I watched a couple videos, search forums but can't seem to find a solution. One thing I'm wondering is why dsd+ sees two dongles if only one is connected?

Attachments

• 1r.png
    1r.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 8

slicerwizard

You wouldn't happen to have signal decoding polarity reversed? Try pressing P in DSD+.

And, dumb question, but are you sure you're tuned to a control channel?

If you're still stuck, press R in DSD+ to record some raw audio, then press R again in a few seconds to stop recording, then upload the audio for some of us to have a look at...

peanut0range

Thank you slicer for taking the time to help out, much appreciated. Polarity is not reversed. I was tuned on a control channel. Your questions are not dumb, I'm the one asking dumb questions! ;) So i moved to a different control channel with same result. You can see from unitrunker in the screenshot attached that I'm on the cc. I've also recorded audio for you as requested. Please see link below. Thanks for all your help.
Link to sound: Vocaroo | Voice message

Attachments

• dsd1r.png
    dsd1r.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 17

peanut0range

Not sure if the previous cc was the same, i'll have to look at it again when i have a chance. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.