New UHF Channel for Teaneck, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Teaneck , NJ (Bergen County) recently (Aug 2019) licensed for a new UHF Repeater Channel. Licensed for 25 watts out. NFM Emission (No DMR or P25)
TOWNSHIP OF TEANECK - OEM WRDX927 453.18750.
Need assistance in determining if active and PL/DPL

Thank you!

onsceno

I believe that's an old UHF link to a receiver site on the fire side. I'll reach out to their radio guy and see if that's the case again or if this has anything to do with their newly installed township-wide public address system.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I believe that's an old UHF link to a receiver site on the fire side. I'll reach out to their radio guy and see if that's the case again or if this has anything to do with their newly installed township-wide public address system.

Old UHF link? :unsure: Perhaps under a long now expired license.
But this WRDX927 was only issued on: Active (Effective: 08/16/2019.
Therefore I believe its something new. :rolleyes:

mrkelso

Old UHF link? :unsure: Perhaps under a long now expired license.
But this WRDX927 was only issued on: Active (Effective: 08/16/2019.
Therefore I believe its something new. :rolleyes:

I'm on it. I will punch it up later on and sit on it for a few days. I just moved out of teaneck to bogota so i am near the re[eater.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
not old freq link
if you read the license application it states Teaneck - OEM
Larry Robertson is OEM director or such - also a retired FD officer/and fire alarm system maintenance
The several newly installed siren/public address system - installed in June +/- operates - l by over the air paging type tones
and a live voice or recording can be use to give public notices by OEM

like when to evacuate or stuff
not sure - yet - if this new freq is part of that system....

mrkelso

Yep thats what it is. They tested it a month or so back and man o man is it loud, and you can hear it from surrounding towns.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
It is going to be used by their OEM. It isn't online yet and no PL has been assigned. Its going to be used to communicate at large scare incidents from OEM to the hospital, places of worship, schools and hotels.

It is going to be used by their OEM. It isn't online yet and no PL has been assigned. Its going to be used to communicate at large scare incidents from OEM to the hospital, places of worship, schools and hotels.
So the OEM will be distributing radios to these institutions to permanently keep?

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I didn't ask that question. Perhaps they will do like Jersey City does in high rise buildings. They passed an ordnance making the building install a command post radio or have a portable command post radio on the FD analog channels. I can ask my source and see if they have that part worked out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.