SDS200 Power supply Source ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hi,

Have a new SDS200.

Will probably be moving it back and forth between two rooms a bit.

So, i would like to buy an additional power supply for it, so I don't also have to plug and unplg it, and move.

Scannermaster has one that they say is compatible with the SDS200.
Their model Number: Uniden Bearcat AD-1009 AC Adapter

Funny, but if I go to the Uniden site and do Searches, 1009 never appears.

Also, their picture is similar to, but not "exactly" the same as the power supply that came with the SDS 200.

Is this just some el-cheap knock off power supply, or one that Uniden uses as theirOEM in the box supplied unit ?

Is this what I want to buy from Scannermaster ? Or,...? (Uniden itself doesn't seem to offer any ?)

Thanks,
Bob

kruser

Premium Subscriber
If the ScannerMaster model says it is an AD-1009, it will work. That's the part number that came with my SDS200.

Uniden's site is not always up to date with these things, especially for the more recently released models.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Have a new SDS200.

Will probably be moving it back and forth between two rooms a bit.

So, i would like to buy an additional power supply for it, so I don't also have to plug and unplg it, and move.

Scannermaster has one that they say is compatible with the SDS200.
Their model Number: Uniden Bearcat AD-1009 AC Adapter

Funny, but if I go to the Uniden site and do Searches, 1009 never appears.

Also, their picture is similar to, but not "exactly" the same as the power supply that came with the SDS 200.

Is this just some el-cheap knock off power supply, or one that Uniden uses as theirOEM in the box supplied unit ?

Is this what I want to buy from Scannermaster ? Or,...? (Uniden itself doesn't seem to offer any ?)

Thanks,
Bob

I did a Google search on Uniden AD-1009 and it came up with numerous equivelent varations of the power supply. They're all cheap knock offs. Uniden does not make any of them.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I did a Google search on Uniden AD-1009 and it came up with numerous equivelent varations of the power supply. They're all cheap knock offs. Uniden does not make any of them.

My recently purchased SDS200 came with the Uniden supply marked with Uniden all over it and a part number of AD-1009.
Who knows who really makes it, they all come from China these days.
I'd bet Uniden sources them from whomever gives them the best deal at the time.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Both the older version of the power supply and the newer type which comes with the SDS200 have the same part number AD-1009. Both have an output of 13.8 vdc at 750 mA with center positive.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Both the older version of the power supply and the newer type which comes with the SDS200 have the same part number AD-1009. Both have an output of 13.8 vdc at 750 mA with center positive.

That is correct and they both say Uniden on them. I've never bothered measuring the tip size they use as I usually run from a large rack of batteries and use the other three pin connector.

N9JIG

Sheriff
There have been style changes to the "standard" Uniden wall wart used on their base/mobile scanners over the years. The plug size has not changed but the case design has.

The older version (shown on the right) is labeled as AD-1009 with 750mA output. These were the ones supplied with the XT series radios.

The newer version (left), also labeled as the AD-1009 with 750 mA output. These come with the SDS200's, and I imagine with newer build 536 and 996's eventually. Both have the same ferrite core on the power lead to the radio and right-angle plugs of similar design.
IMG_3599.jpeg
Both are switching power supplies. Uniden used to supply a transformer based power supply with similar specs but a larger case, I think that was supplied with the 780/785/796 series scanners but I don't recall the model number.

If you order an AD-1009 from ScannerMaster, Uniden or elsewhere you could get either type. If you order two you might get one of each depending on supplies on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.