RCS NextGen testing thread

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
NextGen is hybrid. If all of the radios in a talkgroup are Phase 2 capable, the talkgroup will operate Phase 2.
As agencies continue to update their subscriber equipment, more will operate Phase 2.

Don

Any chance the dispatches will stay Phase 1 like M/A, or are they phase affiliate dependent?

Paul

W6KRU

Not getting anything in Temecula on a 996P2 :( is North Simulcast active? I will check my programming again. Any tips or tricks?

North simulcast is active in Oside. My WS1080 and SDS100 sound equally good so far. We'll see what happens when P2 kicks in.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Twin Oaks north of the 78, Site 42 very weak, site 45 full signal.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
You should be able to go into the menu and simply make a nee "P25 Trunking" one channel trunking system, add the CC, and just set it to search just to get some audio going. If you want to add a bandplan to get the scanner trunking quicker, you can find it at scandiego under the RCS sites details.

Paul

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to go into the menu and simply make a nee "P25 Trunking" one channel trunking system, add the CC, and just set it to search just to get some audio going. If you want to add a bandplan to get the scanner trunking quicker, you can find it at scandiego under the RCS sites details.

Paul
i'm using the Butel ARC-XT software..importing from RR Database.

ProLaw1

So let me get something straight,Will the new north and northeast be simulcast on the west,Why I ask is I do not get the new north at all from Ramona,But I get 3 to 4 bars on the northeast but it bounces around a bit,Now as for the west and east full bars no problem,And the south bounces around like the northeast,Again from Ramona.Thanks folks for the info

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Poway and North Coastal Sheriff's Dispatch on NextGen today, as well as Oceanside Lifeguards and Fire:

2125 North Coastal Dispatch (NCOD)
2159 Poway Dispatch (POWD)
2408 Oceanside Lifeguards
2456 Oceanside Harbor Command
1831 Oceanside Lifeguard Tac 2
2403 Oceanside Fire Admin

cmaness2001

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 radios on this system, a BCD996P2 and a Unication G4.

I programmed them both with ONLY site 45.
The Uniden is kicking ass and picking up all the new talkgroups, sounds great.
The Unication, immediately after programming, does the same, picks up everything and sounds great. But then, after a few minutes, it changes to site 41and only receives USD PD and stays that way.

anybody know why?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
So let me get something straight,Will the new north and northeast be simulcast on the west,Why I ask is I do not get the new north at all from Ramona,But I get 3 to 4 bars on the northeast but it bounces around a bit,Now as for the west and east full bars no problem,And the south bounces around like the northeast,Again from Ramona.Thanks folks for the info

The Northeast has not changed.
The North was split into the North and the West, to increase simulcast coverage. Mt. Woodson (above Ramona) is in the West. The new North should have little or no coverage in Ramona.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber

The Unication, immediately after programming, does the same, picks up everything and sounds great. But then, after a few minutes, it changes to site 41and only receives USD PD and stays that way.

anybody know why?

Sounds like it is getting the Site 41 info from the Site 45 'adjacent' broadcast, and it likes the Site 41 signal level better. What part of San Diego are you in?

cmaness2001

Premium Subscriber
Yes, sorry I'm in El Cajon, you are most certainly right. Is there any way to force the G4 to stay on site 45 during these transitionary times?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Yes, sorry I'm in El Cajon, you are most certainly right. Is there any way to force the G4 to stay on site 45 during these transitionary times?

Well, I'm not aware of one. El Cajon is surrounded with 41 transmit sites, where the closest 45 site is Mt. Woodson. Sorry.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber

anybody know why?

If you have only site 45 programmed in, it should not switch to 41. As far as I am aware, the G4 doesn’t utilize adjacent site info.

cmaness2001

Premium Subscriber
The only frequency in the G4 is 852.575
I have tried it with "Site Trunking" checked and unchecked, no joy. It always switches after a few minutes.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The only frequency in the G4 is 852.575
I have tried it with "Site Trunking" checked and unchecked, no joy. It always switches after a few minutes.

My G5 is programmed for site trunking, and I entered the site ID of 2D for site 45, and it sticks there even if it goes "out of range" and bonks and blinks red until it gets signal back on site 44 RFSS/Site 1/2D. I found a tiny spot on my window sill where site 45 will come in with indicated -120 rssi, but goes and comes into and out of range. On that window sill the antenna can litterally see the site 41 tower on Cowles, but never tries to switch to it. i only have 852.575 as a CC.

Paul