ProScan: Bug? RDP Connection Change Causes 1s Audio Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbhartmanii

I think this is a bug to report...
I use RDP frequently to connect to my scanner shack PC that is running the software on Win10. I have RDP client configured to play audio on the remote computer so it doesn't lose the sound card.
I've noticed that if I start a session physically at the PC, then connect with RDP, and/or go back to the PC, the software will get stuck processing a 1 second loop of audio that was captured at the time of the swap. This will continue until I restart ProScan. Then the next time I swap between RDP/Physical session, it starts the loop again.
Not sure if its because resources are shuffled during the RDP connection, but its an odd behavior.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
That got introduced a while back and I haven't been able to find a work around since. I just installed VNC server instead and use that now.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I think this is a bug to report...
I use RDP frequently to connect to my scanner shack PC that is running the software on Win10. I have RDP client configured to play audio on the remote computer so it doesn't lose the sound card.
I've noticed that if I start a session physically at the PC, then connect with RDP, and/or go back to the PC, the software will get stuck processing a 1 second loop of audio that was captured at the time of the swap. This will continue until I restart ProScan. Then the next time I swap between RDP/Physical session, it starts the loop again.
Not sure if its because resources are shuffled during the RDP connection, but its an odd behavior.
Is the scanner of type that uses the Wi-Fi/LAN?
Are you using the Web Server or Source Client feature?

That got introduced a while back and I haven't been able to find a work around since. I just installed VNC server instead and use that now.
Was that Introduced by ProScan or RDP?
Is the scanner you have using the Wi-Fi/LAN?
Are you using the Web Server or Source Client feature?
Is the problem the exact same as what wbhartmanii posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.