Can anyone help me with this P-Comm what is this

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Sorry, didn't mean to be crass. It just struck me as a funny sounding question.

mciupa

Well, the poster got his answer and he's happy, so it's all good in the end. :)

SKaiserling

At the risk of sounding dumb, what does EMS use the common channel for? I was under the impression that there was an MOH interop channel and every ambulance service has enough TAC channels. I've never heard traffic on them (I've only programmed the trunked common channels) and I've heard a Barrie Police member say they were switching over as well a while ago

ATCTech

At the risk of sounding dumb, what does EMS use the common channel for? I was under the impression that there was an MOH interop channel and every ambulance service has enough TAC channels. I've never heard traffic on them (I've only programmed the trunked common channels) and I've heard a Barrie Police member say they were switching over as well a while ago

Among other things P-Com pre-dates Fleetnet and is simplex (not even analog repeaters), so it's free of any and all trunking/digital etc. potential system faults. The "ultimate" backup you might say, range limitations of simplex aside of course. Second, it provides a much simpler and cheaper method for related agencies to talk directly to EMS in the event of emergencies requiring a multi-tiered response including aircraft that operate for or by EMS themselves. (ORNGE for example.)

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I remember back in the day there was a UHF link between a VHF site (I want to say Fonthill, but I'm not certain) and a CACC that re-transmitted everything that came across 150.1000. It was fantastic, you could hear things from allllllll over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.