MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

Dear Thunderbolt,
If you can help with my question or know who can, I would really appreciate it. I've been searching for a year :giggle: Oh and that would be the headline about the Whistler group. Also I have a TRX-1.
[/QUOTE]

What question?

InOverMyHead

Dear Thunderbolt,
If you can help with my question or know who can, I would really appreciate it. I've been searching for a year :giggle: Oh and that would be the headline about the Whistler group. Also I have a TRX-1.

What question?
[/QUOTE]

Hello. I’m looking for clarification on a few things and hoping that someone will help. If you go to the link below (Michigan public safety system), and scroll down the page, you’ll see a category named “Statewide Aeronautical Medical Talkgroups”

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100

Here are my questions:

1) Is that one whole talk group or is each line part of separate a talk group?
2) I don’t see a talk group ID. How can I locate the specific group IDs?
3) How do I program these in to my Whistler TRX1 by using the scanner - not program software.

Yes. I read the manual and watched videos. I also looked through forums on here and went to alternative websites however, I’m not good with using this scanner or understanding the whole frequency thing.
I haven’t been on here in months because I haven’t used the scanner....at all. Learning this is far worse than writing and defending a dissertation and I’m not joking :) Maybe I shouldn’t be so nosy???

Thanks (again) and I hope you all have a good day.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
1) Is that one whole talk group or is each line part of separate a talk group?

Each line is a talkgroup.

2) I don’t see a talk group ID. How can I locate the specific group IDs?

Each line has the talkgroup listed in decimal, and hex. For example, Air LZ1 is 1567 in decimal, which is 61f in hex.

3) How do I program these in to my Whistler TRX1 by using the scanner - not program software.

They will already be in your scanner, in the database. You would look in EZ Scan for MPSCS, then look for the statewide options, and select those talkgroups from the list, and upload that into your scanner.

RayAir

Macomb County Simulcast:

TG 22866 (clear) Unid Macomb County/Local RIDs
All beginning 950:
Transmissions are from business hours. May be some local gov function.

Lakeville Site

TG 11158 State police RIDs, encrypted

While activity was going on with the encrypted TG, D3North TG (clear) was advising that "ES units" were en route. So it's possible 11158 were the "ES units" but there's no way to know for sure.

This occurred a week ago.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
Macomb County Simulcast:

TG 22866 (clear) Unid Macomb County/Local RIDs
All beginning 950:
Transmissions are from business hours. May be some local gov function.

Lakeville Site

TG 11158 State police RIDs, encrypted

While activity was going on with the encrypted TG, D3North TG (clear) was advising that "ES units" were en route. So it's possible 11158 were the "ES units" but there's no way to know for sure.

This occurred a week ago.

I've noted MSP ES units affiliate on TG-11156 before. Maybe a new set of ESU talkgroups?

RayAir

I've noted MSP ES units affiliate on TG-11156 before. Maybe a new set of ESU talkgroups?

Some of the RIDs matched those used on ES TGs noted in the RR database.
I'm guessing ES is "emergency services" and is like SRT/SWAT?

RayAir

Lapeer County Simulcast

22914 Lapeer county/local RIDs
Encrypted

22926 Lapeer county/local IDs
Encrypted

Noted a couple times from DSD event log/registration/affiliation only

RayAir

Lapeer County Simulcast

22914 Lapeer county/local RIDs
Encrypted

22926 Lapeer county/local IDs
Encrypted

Noted a couple times from DSD event log/registration/affiliation only

Note- Lapeer Central Dispatch RID 2009648 observed on TG 22296.

gbouwkamp

Premium Subscriber
Lapeer County Simulcast

TG 12099
Search and rescue drill near Attica (I hope it was a drill, there was no sense of urgency).
RIDS 9443090 through 9443096, identified by single digit number, "one" two" etc. Base IDed as "IC".

Xray

Detroit police chopper - Have been noticing alot of hovering in my vincinity last couple nights [hopefully not over my house], and am seeking any specific freq use of this ship. I assume they use both known LE channels and aviation freqs as well, have been unable to pick up any chatter from the bird so far.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Detroit police chopper - Have been noticing alot of hovering in my vincinity last couple nights [hopefully not over my house], and am seeking any specific freq use of this ship. I assume they use both known LE channels and aviation freqs as well, have been unable to pick up any chatter from the bird so far.

The Detroit spur site, for MPSCS, with any of the DPD TGs. Depending on their assignment, they could be talking with MSP, too.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Hearing TGID 3329 with kent county radio IDs talking about cruisers and checking the radar/status for tornado sirens. Anyone know who this is?

Hello, so I am new to all this digital scanner stuff, I was into it back when the analog scanners worked but since they have switched I haven't done anything relating to scanners and I want to. This might not be the correct place for this question and there might be something out there but I am having issues finding the information I need so any help is greatly appreciated! If someone can tell me or atleast point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative. So I live in Grand Traverse County in Michigan and I am wanting to get a scanner that I can pick up the police, fire, EMS, state police, and even the county road commission because I used to listen to all those back a while ago. So if anyone can help me with this and help me find a scanner that will pick this stuff up that would be awesome! I just dont know where to start and I dont want to buy a scanner and not be able to do what I want to be able to do. If there is something on the cheaper level too that would be awesome to know about, but even the more expensive ones are fine too, I just want to know what will work!

Again thanks so much in advance for your help!

hightime

Hello, so I am new to all this digital scanner stuff, I was into it back when the analog scanners worked but since they have switched I haven't done anything relating to scanners and I want to. This might not be the correct place for this question and there might be something out there but I am having issues finding the information I need so any help is greatly appreciated! If someone can tell me or atleast point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative. So I live in Grand Traverse County in Michigan and I am wanting to get a scanner that I can pick up the police, fire, EMS, state police, and even the county road commission because I used to listen to all those back a while ago. So if anyone can help me with this and help me find a scanner that will pick this stuff up that would be awesome! I just dont know where to start and I dont want to buy a scanner and not be able to do what I want to be able to do. If there is something on the cheaper level too that would be awesome to know about, but even the more expensive ones are fine too, I just want to know what will work!

From a quick look at your county, you would need a radio that can receive VHF, UHF, P25 Phase 1, (Phase II for future use) , DMR & NXDN. A starting point and I'm not promoting this site it's just a place to compare, you can look at Scanner Master web site, click on scanner tab and then click on Trunking Scanners. From there, it's up to you as what you want. Keep in mind, the antenna's that come with the radios are for general use. Some come with included software. I purchased Proscan and do not regret it. Whistler comes with DMR and NXDN included, Uniden does not (Pay per upgrade). YouTube has a lot of how to for varying scanners. Alot time for research and bring money. Good luck.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

You will need a scanner capable of P25 trunking, for public safety monitoring. With that, I would suggest a newer model, specifically that can receive phase 2 of P25. (Phase 2 will be coming, and this will prevent needing to buy another scanner in a couple years.)

Look in the database, for MPSCS, which is the statewide P25 system, where most of your local public safety comms are. (I do not know if the state police are dispatched via their dispatch station, or by the county.)

From a quick look at your county, you would need a radio that can receive VHF, UHF, P25 Phase 1, (Phase II for future use) , DMR & NXDN. A starting point and I'm not promoting this site it's just a place to compare, you can look at Scanner Master web site, click on scanner tab and then click on Trunking Scanners. From there, it's up to you as what you want. Keep in mind, the antenna's that come with the radios are for general use. Some come with included software. I purchased Proscan and do not regret it. Whistler comes with DMR and NXDN included, Uniden does not (Pay per upgrade). YouTube has a lot of how to for varying scanners. Alot time for research and bring money. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply! This will help me out a lot, definitely more information than I had before now I atleast know where to start, again thank you I appreciate it!

You will need a scanner capable of P25 trunking, for public safety monitoring. With that, I would suggest a newer model, specifically that can receive phase 2 of P25. (Phase 2 will be coming, and this will prevent needing to buy another scanner in a couple years.)

Look in the database, for MPSCS, which is the statewide P25 system, where most of your local public safety comms are. (I do not know if the state police are dispatched via their dispatch station, or by the county.)
Thank you for the information! It is greatly appreciated! Definitely a huge help for me! Looking forward to getting back into the scanner world!

jbudget3

I have a Copy of all the talk group Names For Clinton county. There are channel names on the paperwork that are not on Radio Reference Site. How would I go about getting the group numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.