Monitor and Download Explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Can someone please give me a simple explanation of how Download and Monitor works in the Sentinel Profile? I've searched this forum, but still can't quite figure it out. Most posts say turn on Download and Monitor for all FAV Lists? I have Download set to On for all my FAV lists, but Monitor only set to On for the list I listen to most.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Download tells sentinel to send that FL to your scanner

Monitor tells your scanner if that FL should be “unlocked” when it boots up after it is done downloading the profile from Sentinel.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Also... If your looking to turn your favorite lists on or off to monitor different things at different times on your scanner.
Try using favorite list quick keys. Much easier and faster.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can also go into the scanner menu and select Set Scan Selection/Select Lists to Monitor. Press E to toggle each list on and off.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I concur with using Favorites List Quick Keys to toggle Favorites Lists On/Off rather than Menu>Set Scan Selection>Select Lists to Monitor, etc. It is a lot faster with fewer button presses.

You can edit your Profile to have Favorites List Quick Keys On or Off by default. That way you only have the desired FLs "turn on" at power up and the not desired ones stay off. You can then toggle FL Quick Keys as you typically would during scanning.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I agree that using quick keys is the best solution. You just enter the favorites list number on the keypad and press E to toggle it on and off. I provided the menu information in the event that the favorites list is not set to monitor in Sentinel. In that case, you cannot enable a favorites list with a quick key even if one is assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.