Location, Range, Zip, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,
New SDS 200.

I am using the unit only with FL's I have programmed, and downloaded into.
No databases, searches, etc.

Am I correct that, therefore, there is no need to put in values, or select, for
Location items, ZIP, Range, etc. ?

That there would be no effect on my scanning if there are values for these, or not ?

Any reason to do any of them, though (again, only being used with my generated FL's ?)

Thanks,
B.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If that data is entered, then the scanner will only scan something if it is within the range you specified. If not, it will not be scanned unless you turn location control off for that favorite list.

BOBRR

Hi,

As always, thanks. Making (slow) progress.

Is there a global command to set Location Control Off for all FV's ? If so, where ?

If it has to be done individually, for each FV, where on the menu (SDS 200) do I find the command to do it individually ?

Thanks again,
Bob

Ubbe

Go to the menu and select Manage Favorites, then choose one of the favorite lists and scroll down 4-5 steps to Use Location Control and the On/Off selection. Back up with the Menu button to be able to select the other lists. Then hit the SYSTEM button to go back to scanning.

/Ubbe

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
While you are asking how to set Location Control On/Off on the scanner, this is also something that can be set in Sentinel. It is in the Options tab of the Favorites List editor (right pane).

A thought to share: When you make "wholesale" changes in the scanner, be sure you read those changes into Sentinel. That's to keep the data in the scanner and data in Sentinel "in-sync". Even better to adopt a habit of doing changes only in the scanner or only in Sentinel then writing to the "other place" after making changes.

Otherwise at some point you may be scanning along and wondering why something is or isn't happening. You made a change in the scanner, but then made a different change in Sentinel and when doing a write to scanner, the Sentinel changes usually over write the stuff in the scanner.

BOBRR

Hi,

Good advice.
Will do.

Keep the suggestions coming ! Appreciated (and I sure need them).

(Surprised that there isn't a Global on/off for Location Control for all the FL's at once.)

Thanks,
Bob

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I suggest doing all changes in Sentinel. The user interface is easier to work with than the scanner menu, and doing all changes in one place makes it less likely you'll accidentally undo them.

prc117f

Does the SDS200 have the DMR and NXDN buisness systems in my area preprogrammed Once I enter my zipcode?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Many of them are in the database, but you'll need to get the DMR and NXDN keys from Uniden before you can monitor them. You may find stuff that isn't listed, and need to submit the system to RR to be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.