Question: Burlington county public safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie1224

Hello , I live in Montgomery co Pennsylvania and have an sds100 and always received Burlington co public safety now what I don’t understand is I don’t get nothing now I’ve tryed every fliter to mess with that thinking I would get in but nothing still . It did always work for me on wide normal. Even my signal bar on top right hand side for sds100 shows like 4-5 bars ? Thank you for looking at my post hopefully I get great feedback.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Receiving it just fine from Mt Laurel, Westampton , and Medford. We are having a bit of a band opening tonight. I dunno if that's affecting it coming all the way from Montco. Also you can try and tune in the control channels manually. Park on any channel of any system. Type in 508.475 and CHANNEL. Do you hear anything? Now try it with 508.5.

Vinnie1224

Receiving it just fine from Mt Laurel, Westampton , and Medford. We are having a bit of a band opening tonight. I dunno if that's affecting it coming all the way from Montco. Also you can try and tune in the control channels manually. Park on any channel of any system. Type in 508.475 and CHANNEL. Do you hear anything? Now try it with 508.5.
Nope na da thank you I tryed .

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Well then either try again tomorrow or something is up with the scanner or the programming. Just making sure, you are getting everything else you normally hear, correct?

Vinnie1224

Yes everything is correct . What I don’t understand is I’m getting 3-4 bars and nothing . I’ll guess I’ll mess with the sds tomorrow an re program it or something .

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Yes everything is correct . What I don’t understand is I’m getting 3-4 bars and nothing . I’ll guess I’ll mess with the sds tomorrow an re program it or something .

The signal bars are not really a good indicator. They will show overload from a site on a nearby frequency and sometimes strong signals from other bands.

You should use the detailed displays and turn on the fields like the digital error count, RSSI, Site ID, System/Network ID, RFSS ID and Frequency as examples so you can see a better picture of what is going on.
Signal bars alone don't really tell you anything as they can lie and be showing interference and not the signal you are after.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
I live on Willingboro which is close to the Delaware River and I'm picking up normally on my Pro96 if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.