BCD436HP/BCD536HP: 436 clock problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mully95

Well my 436HP started asking for clock reset upon power up. I was aware of the clock issue but I never had a problem from my scanner. All of a sudden the problem started. I don't do a bunch of recordings so really don't need the clock to work.

I tried the instructions of leaving the scanner on for two days, shut it down over night and then power up. The scanner failed the procedure.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well my 436HP started asking for clock reset upon power up. I was aware of the clock issue but I never had a problem from my scanner. All of a sudden the problem started. I don't do a bunch of recordings so really don't need the clock to work.

I tried the instructions of leaving the scanner on for two days, shut it down over night and then power up. The scanner failed the procedure.
If your 436HP is one of the first ones sold (say, 3.5 or more years old, then you may need to send it in for a fix. If your unit falls within the group known to have problems, then see the repair campaign in this thread:

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
September 2019 my problem started, I had been favoring my SDS100, but the 436 clock problem had started, and don't you know how good Uniden is....."No problem, here's a shipping label, and we'll fix it ASAP, and send it back".....I bought it in '14 or '15 Excellent company, would'nt buy from anyone else.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just shipped my 436 out yesterday. Yep they still honer the repair. Mine was bought in july of 2014.
I sent my 536HP and my oldest 436HP (both bought in 2014), in for the clock/display repairs back in 2016. Both have run since then with no battery issues on the 436, and zero display problems with either scanner.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I sent my 536HP and my oldest 436HP (both bought in 2014), in for the clock/display repairs back in 2016. Both have run since then with no battery issues on the 436, and zero display problems with either scanner.
That's good to here Steve... Thanks

Great to see they are still honoring the repair too...

Status
Not open for further replies.