• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication Battery Recall Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnicationKelly

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Hi Radio Reference community,
It's Kelly from Unication visiting again. I wanted to let everyone on here know that we have issued a voluntary recall of the 2800mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery (model #: T65G428001-R) that shipped with a limited number of G4 & G5 P25 Voice Pagers between January 2016 and October 2017. If you purchased your device or battery after 10/1/2017, this recall will not affect you. You can review the full recall notice and details on our website at www.unicationusa.com/battery-recall. If anyone has questions feel free to reach out to us by email at info@unication.com. Thank you!

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Kelly, what are "authorized battery recycling facilities?" as in: "By checking the box below, you agree to properly dispose of the Polymer Battery noted herein at an authorized Battery Recycling Facility. "

I'm not sure the regular Call2Recycle drop boxes you see all over the USA will accept recalled batteries. Some of the items on the page linked below refer to Li-Ion, but others just say Lithium based.

See Damaged, Defective and Recalled Batteries | Call2Recycle | United States

Last edited:

DomW

I recycle my batteries at Lowe's. I think Best Buy does too. I imagine that recalled can be recycled too. Let us know if anyone knows otherwise.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I recycled my LiPo battery last year at Batteries Plus. This was on my own and not part of any program.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Holy cow, I received my new battery today!

How did they ship it? USPS in a small package or box etc? UPS, FedEx?

I filled out the form as soon as the message was posted here and received a confirmation email that it was all good but I've not heard another word about the battery and if it was shipped.

I'm in an apt complex and nobody but Amazon will deliver to the door any longer. All packages go to the office and are returned after a week or so if not picked up.
If I don't know something is coming, I don't make a special trip to get home early before the office closes which has resulted in missed packages before.
I only find out when the sender contacts me and asks why I refused a package!

Very stupid package policy IMO here. The only good thing is it prevent theft but the office should at least have the courtesy of calling and/or emailing the resident before they have the shipper take a package back marked as refused.

Sorry for the rant about the package policy here but I would be interested in how your battery was shipped sibbley.

Thanks!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Sent in my request on 10/11 and received my 2 batteries today. No e-mail notice that they were shipped. Just a confirmation that they received my request.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Holy cow, I received my new battery today!

I'm glad I saw your status update about getting the new battery already! Mine was also in my mail when I made it home this evening!
Had you not mentioned receiving it already, I'd have probably not checked my mail until Saturday at the earliest.

Now to put a charge on it.

I see the new one is Li-Ion while the old was Li-Polymer.

sfd119

Is there a list of serial numbers listed affected? My pager was given to me brand new as a gift.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is there a list of serial numbers listed affected? My pager was given to me brand new as a gift.
Follow the instructions on the site that was listed in the first post:

If your battery has a date code between 16xx and 17xx, you could be eligible for a replacement.

sfd119

Mine is affected and I submitted one. Perfect timing as it has started not holding a charge and I was looking at getting a new one soon.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Is it just a coincidence they did the Li Poly recall not long after the battery trade-in offer ended?

GTO_04
Yes, I noticed that - just like the upgrade to P2. First, charged a bunch of money, then miraculously free.

Status
Not open for further replies.