SDS200 possible keypad backlight issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Did you ever get yours back from Uniden and did they fix the Keypad brightness? I've submitted photos but the camera makes the keypad brighter than what it truly is in person and Uniden isn't will to work with folks with poor backlit keys.
Didn't you get the memo it's within specification :rolleyes:

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Did you ever get yours back from Uniden and did they fix the Keypad brightness? I've submitted photos but the camera makes the keypad brighter than what it truly is in person and Uniden isn't will to work with folks with poor backlit keys.

Yes! Last night FEDEX brought it in at the end of the day. The technicians replaced the crystal display and added the noise clip for the hum.

To answer your question regarding Keyboard backlight, I forgot to mention it to them, still as it was when I originally received it new. Very faint, first vertical row dim, 2nd & 3rd vertical rows slightly brighter.

prc117f

Wow that sucks. I just got my unit yesterday and the keypad is nice and bright. Easy to read at night. I wonder if later revisions fixed the consistency.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
The display overall is not bright. Every other scanner and radio I have can be easily seen during daylight hours in my truck, - except - the SDS200.

Joe_Blough

Wow that sucks. I just got my unit yesterday and the keypad is nice and bright. Easy to read at night. I wonder if later revisions fixed the consistency.
Later revisions? Hahahahahaha. Uniden won't even acknowledge or fix the hum problem when the real cause and cure was figured out by Static Discharge. The engineers didn't even have to get off their ass but Uniden still remains silent.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I'm afraid one person does run the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.