Help bcd996p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KodyDell

Premium Subscriber
It hitting on frequency 70-80% of the time.

My BCD536HP hit on almost everything just skips words once in a while

my G5 get everything and does not skip a heartbeat

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are all 11 sites working with the quick keys? Use a minimum number of sites, preferably only 1. Set the site to the same one as your G5. The G5 searches for the best site and uses only that one. If you scan multiple sites, that can cause missing talkgroups. The only true comparison is having your 996 and G5 set to the same site. The number of the site is displayed on the G5.

1 (1) 001 (1) Simulcast

1 (1) 002 (2) EWU
1 (1) 003 (3) Tekoa
1 (1) 004 (4) Williams Lake
1 (1) 005 (5) Booth
1 (1) 006 (6) Coe Road
1 (1) 007 (7) Scoop
1 (1) 008 (8) Hoodoo
1 (1) 009 (9) Mt.Spokane

1 (1) 010 (A) Upper Mica
1 (1) 011 (B) Jail

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
The site number matches the quick key. The site quick keys show up as system quick keys, the line second from the bottom on your scanner display. For sites 1 thru 9, there is a zero to the right of the S. For sites 10 and 11, there is a 1. Also, check that the numbers 1 thru 8 are showing on the group quick keys. That is the bottom line of your scanner display. Note: the letters A and B (Hex) in the site number correspond to 10 and 11 (Dec).

Last edited:

KodyDell

Premium Subscriber
The 996P2 & G5 sit right next to each other the
G5 is running 100% simulcast

I will have to look at the key

tvengr

Well Known Member
If that is true, the site in the G5 should display 1/1. Turn off sites 2 thru 11 in the 996 so that SRECS Simulcast is the only site showing. Just press the buttons for the corresponding quick keys to turn off any site that is active other than SRECS Simulcast. For 10 and 11, press the decimal point first. Do you see 1 thru 8 showing in the group quick keys on the bottom line of the scanner display? If any of those are turned off, you are not scanning everything.

Last edited:

KodyDell

Premium Subscriber
OK the only thing I have in there is simulcast And 1 Fire talk grouping Now it’s only picking up like half of the transmission

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you have it holding on a single talkgroup? There are 57 talkgroups in the file. If the audio is cutting out, it is most likely due to simulcast distortion. Set the squelch to minimum. Try turning on the attenuator and see if that helps. While holding on a talkgroup, press the function knob and then 7 to turn on the attenuator. Doing the same thing again will turn it off. You can also try repositioning and varying the length of the antenna and moving the scanner to a different location. Let me know if any of that helps. Another thing to try is switching to a different site. Mt Spokane (site #9) appears to be another major site. Press 9 to turn that on and 1 to turn Simulcast off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.