Miami Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

Apparently last night storm knocked out power to the state system . I'm not able to receive the CC . Every time that area receives bad weather it knocks out power to the tower .

Did the technician switch over to the new system ? .

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I noticed last night that Vinita (1.15) was coming in as a P25 site. I monitored for quite a while and found the frequencies do indeed have P25 traffic. The P25 control channel is showing Miami a neighbor (1.17) CC 859.4375. From my location I cannot receive Miami. Based on this, it is quite possible that Miami is now a P25 site.

KOK5CY

So it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade to a newer scanner .
BCD996T if that's the model I need ? . Found it on eBay for real cheap .

KOK5CY

I'm looking to buy the BCD 996T real soon if this model covers the P25 Phase 2 system .

Can some one chime in ?

Also why am I receiving Mayes county on VHF when there supposed to be on the okwin also goes for Delaware county sheriff department to ? .

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what is going on at the Miami tower.

I took a drive up there this morning and the Vinita site is still showing Miami P25 site 17 CC 859.43750. In Miami parked on 859.43750 there is a carrier with what appears to be no modulation. I went through all RR channels and no other CC on any of the other frequencies, P25 or SZ.

daddyjohn

Does anyone know if the Miami Tower is still down? I left Carthage and drove down I-44 to Claremore today and I did not receive anything off of that Miami tower. Both systems, OKWIN Motorola and OKWIN P25 are being used depending on where you are at. I had traffic on the P25 system off of the following sites - Tulsa, Jay, Langley, and Owasso. I had traffic on the Motorola system off of the following sites - Tulsa and Pryor.

rickc68

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the Miami Tower is still down? I left Carthage and drove down I-44 to Claremore today and I did not receive anything off of that Miami tower. Both systems, OKWIN Motorola and OKWIN P25 are being used depending on where you are at. I had traffic on the P25 system off of the following sites - Tulsa, Jay, Langley, and Owasso. I had traffic on the Motorola system off of the following sites - Tulsa and Pryor.
I started hearing P25 traffic on the Miami tower late last week. Miami dispatch, OHP and GRDA are a few I noticed.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Some one mentioned the BCD 996xt is that the model that can receive the radio system for Oklahoma ?

It will do phase one audio not phase two. the 996xt will get a lot but as agencies change systems it will slowly be less popular. If you travel a lot get a scanner that supports phase two as well as many other systems.

KOK5CY

So basically it's not going to work ? . Then what's the difference between phase 1 and phase 2 . If Phase 1 is just audio then why do I need phase 2 ? . I just need the thing to receive the new upgrade at the tower .

nd5y

P25 Phase I is FDMA with one voice path per channel.
P25 Phase II is TDMA with 2 times slots that allow 2 voice paths per channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.