DSD+ Fastlane seems to be defunct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Room4Me

I recently sent $10 to the DSD+ Fastlane email address for a year's support and the latest version software. I didn't hear anything, for over a week. So I sent a follow up email to the address, to which I sent the money. I received a reply, that the email was un-deliverable. I went back to PayPal, and found that the funding had not been accepted. I assume that was the case, based on the email address being undelivered. I canceled the payment.

Based on the age of the current public version, and lack of the ability to communicate with the developers, support seems to have gone away?

Mike

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
Hey Mike,
I just signed up for the DSD/FL a couple weeks ago and got an email within a day or two tops. Did you use dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com and put a note in the PayPal payment as they requested?

From their website ( DSDPlus Fast Lane Program – DSDPlus ):

Funds can be sent our Paypal account (dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com)

Please include a comment that specifies the email address that your Fast Lane updates should be sent to.

NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE A COMMENT, PAYPAL DOES NOT SEND US A NOTIFICATION.
THIS *WILL* DELAY YOUR FIRST FAST LANE UPDATE.

Room4Me

I recently sent $10 to the DSD+ Fastlane email address for a year's support and the latest version software. I didn't hear anything, for over a week. So I sent a follow up email to the address, to which I sent the money. I received a reply, that the email was un-deliverable. I went back to PayPal, and found that the funding had not been accepted. I assume that was the case, based on the email address being undelivered. I canceled the payment.

Based on the age of the current public version, and lack of the ability to communicate with the developers, support seems to have gone away?

Mike
Ok. I'll try once more. Can one of you answer, as to whether there is an improvement in the P25 decoding? I'm running SDR# and the decoding quality wanders around. Sometimes it's OK other times error ridden. I know the signal is good as my Motorola XDS5000 works PERFECTLY at all times, sitting in the same room, even using a rubber ducky antenna. The SDR is connected to an external antenna.

Mike

Room4Me

Mike
I re-submitted the payment and this time it worked. Got the download link. The only thing I can think of is I experienced a routing problem on the internet?

Hoping the latest version is more stable with P25 decoding.

Thanks to all who responded!

Mike

DRL-XM43

Ok. I'll try once more. Can one of you answer, as to whether there is an improvement in the P25 decoding? I'm running SDR# and the decoding quality wanders around. Sometimes it's OK other times error ridden. I know the signal is good as my Motorola XDS5000 works PERFECTLY at all times, sitting in the same room, even using a rubber ducky antenna. The SDR is connected to an external antenna.

Mike

It is worth noting DSD+ (FL) is designed explicitly to receive input from FMP24 via a tcp connection (Where all decoding works great).

Feeding DSD+ from elsewhere is a case of "it is what it is." To get support for DSD+ at least allow it to function within the suite of S/W it belongs with.

The fact it works with other stuff is a huge bonus if other stuff is a persons ambition.

KC9LQV

Mike

If supplied with a good source (yes, even non-TCP sources), the decoder is outstanding. After some tweaking and experimenting, the decode quality I'm getting from the latest DSD+ rivals the quality of both my Motorolas.

DRL-XM43

The optimum is achieved through using the developed software suite which is a bundle comprised of FMPx as the source
feeding DSD+ FastLane using the myriad of variables controls available within the software suite.

Even using alternate sources of TCP or audio feeds to DSD+ can yield very acceptable result although there is zero development support for these kluge "systems"

Making things "work" can be a great pastime.

These are my observations anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.