I need help programming Verdugo fire red 1 on my WS1040 , its P25 phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
I have tried doing this on my scanner as a conventional, it dosent pick up all the time, and there is encryption sometimes too. I have a whistler WS1040

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
Oh because sometimes it picks it up and sometimes it picks up other channels that have encryption

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You will need to learn how to program a trunked radio system (TSYS) in the scanner. Programming a trunked system like a conventional frequency will lead you to hear everything on the radio system because the scanner has been setup in a way that it cannot select a talkgroup to monitor. Are you programming your scanner by hand or with some sort of software?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have tried doing this on my scanner as a conventional, it dosent pick up all the time, and there is encryption sometimes too. I have a whistler WS1040
What site on the Interagency Communications Interoperability (ICI) system is closest to you? What programming software are you using?

cmdrwill

Red 1 is also on VHF 154.37 and that used to be on St Katherine North East of the Rose Bowl.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
I am in Glendale, Ca. I know how to program a talkgroup, I just dont know which frequencies

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
You will need to learn how to program a trunked radio system (TSYS) in the scanner. Programming a trunked system like a conventional frequency will lead you to hear everything on the radio system because the scanner has been setup in a way that it cannot select a talkgroup to monitor. Are you programming your scanner by hand or with some sort of software?
I program on the scanner and sometimes Win500

glradio

Premium Subscriber
Verdugo always uses the Burbank, Glendale, and Montebello cells. As for monitoring, Glendale is the best for most of L.A., and Montebello is best for the southeast area.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you are in Glendale, I will use that as the site. I usually program using ARC500 and I have Win500 also. I will create a file for you using ARC500, send it to my trusty old Pro-197, and read it into Win500 to create a file that you can use..

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have completed the file. You have 6 scan lists:
1. Verdugo Fire
2. Glendale Fire
3. Glendale PD
4. Comm College PD
5. Emergency Ops
6. Interop
Save the zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with Win500 and upload to your scanner.

Attachments

• Glendale CA.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.