SDS200 or BCD536HP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErieCountyPublicSafety

Feed Provider
I ordered a SDS200 from an Amazon retailer. I had it 2 weeks and screen started flickering. I really liked the scanner but have been thinking about just going with the BCD536HP. The only thing that this scanner is used for is online scanner feed. I live less than 5 miles from MARCS tower. I also liked listening to Huron County Sheriff which broadcasts in NXDN. I listen and broadcast scanner traffic for Erie and Huron Counties in Northern Ohio. So, to save some money would the 536 be ok? Thanks.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
MARCS has a lot of simulcast, which the 536HP may or may not receive well. The SDS200 is designed specifically for simulcast. Also, if you switch, you'll have to re-buy the NXDN key if you already paid for it. I'd get the screen fixed if the flicker is bad, or not worry about it if it's just a feed machine.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
FWIW, my 536 does not handle the Ohio MARCS P25 Phase 1 digital simulcast system so well. Lots of hiccups and bubbles and missed transmissions when attempting to monitor that system. You'd be MUCH better off getting another SDS200 or having the other one repaired. The SDS series scanners are the only scanners made that will follow simulcast systems. I can't see putting the 536 in there as a feed radio on a simulcast system. Your listeners would be angry, but the agency you are trying to monitor would probably be happy that half their radio traffic would be garbled and unintelligible. Go with the SDS200.

JD
kf4anc

Bob1955

MARCS has a lot of simulcast, which the 536HP may or may not receive well. The SDS200 is designed specifically for simulcast. Also, if you switch, you'll have to re-buy the NXDN key if you already paid for it. I'd get the screen fixed if the flicker is bad, or not worry about it if it's just a feed machine.
Why should he have to send this back to Uniden if he only had it 2 weeks? He should be able to get it REPLACED! That's ridiculous. And as far as the NXDN goes, Uniden should take care of that free. He already paid.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The SDS100 and SDS200 are the only scanners that will reliably receive the simulcast systems in my area. The BCD325P2, BCD996P2, BCD436HP, and BCD536HP just don't work at my location.

Status
Not open for further replies.