Lebanon County receive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
I recently upgraded from a PRO 197 to a TRX 2 so that after a year and 1/2 I could listen to York County again. I live in the western part of the county, have a discone antenna 30 ft up on the roof. My problem is that with the pro 197, I had perfect reception of Lebanon County, in fact it was my busiest county after York went phase 2. Now with the trx 2, while I have a strong control signal, while scanning, it won't lock onto the voice signal. I just get dead air. However, if I manually listen to a playgroup it comes over good. I have tried many things including setting the thresholds to 0 and 1 and have the adc and dac settings maxed out at +2 db. Anyone have any ideas. Btw, I can still get Lebanon on the pro 197 using, get this, an old mobile CB antenna mounted only 10 ft up on a pole. Any help will be great.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Trade it in for a SDS200. Plenty of discussion here about simulcast distortion and how much better the SDS scanners can manage it than anything else. Chester County has a system just like York's. When I owned a TRX-1 it couldn't track it worth a lick, so I sold it and my 436 to fund an SDS100. Literally like night and day

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Lebanon county is still on EDACS. I would just double check the frequencies and the LCNs to make sure all the frequencies are correct for all sites and in the correct order with the correct LCN. I am also aware that Lebanon County is a distance away from York County.

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input. I do have the proper LCN. Same in both scanners. Distance isn't an issue because of being able to receive Lebanon on the PRO 197, I also have distant counties such as, Franklin P25 phase 1, Anne Arundel MD Moto, Howard MD Moto and the State of Delaware Moto. While I don't receive them often, when I do, they are crystal clear. I am also on a hill about 500 ft above sea level. I have PD locked out for as long as I can remember. I have no issues with the simulcast problems from any of the counties that use it. Of all the counties I have entered where I have a control signal, Lebanon is my only problem child. Dauphin is normally a no show also, but that was also a no show with the 197.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Trade it in for a SDS200. Plenty of discussion here about simulcast distortion and how much better the SDS scanners can manage it than anything else. Chester County has a system just like York's. When I owned a TRX-1 it couldn't track it worth a lick, so I sold it and my 436 to fund an SDS100. Literally like night and day
Harris systems can be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.