Picking up Leavenworth County on Kansas Statewide Interoperable Communication System (KSICS) in Douglas County

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNY1

I did some fine tuning and raised my antenna up five feet and now I am get Leavenworth Fire and EMS via UHF but I still can't receive Kansas Statewide Interoperable Communication System (KSICS) Leavenworth. I know they use the Lawrence tower when in the south end of the county. Odd!

nec911

I did some fine tuning and raised my antenna up five feet and now I am get Leavenworth Fire and EMS via UHF but I still can't receive Kansas Statewide Interoperable Communication System (KSICS) Leavenworth. I know they use the Lawrence tower when in the south end of the county. Odd!
I was driving through from Topeka to the KCMO Metro earlier this week and heard them fine on my scanner in the work truck.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I's most likely because the Leavenworth site is simulcast.

SKINNY1

I put a new 800 MHz directional Yagi antenna up about 25 feet today. I get the control channel full scale but still not picking up anything. Guess the Uniden BCD536HP doesn't do simulcast.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
My suggestion would be to save up for a SDS200. That should solve the reception problem for the simulcast site.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
In addition to jonwienke's SDS200 recommendation, the Unication G4/G5 both handle simulcast extremely well. I literally live less than 6 blocks from one of the KCMO MARRS sites and can't get anything with a scanner. Full bars with the Unication equipment. Ray's Pager sales has the G4 for $545 and some change and his shipping is lightning fast. SDS200 is going for right around $700.

bctrainers

I put a new 800 MHz directional Yagi antenna up about 25 feet today. I get the control channel full scale but still not picking up anything. Guess the Uniden BCD536HP doesn't do simulcast.
BCD536HP will decode multicast rather well, you just need an antenna that isn't a whip/omni. Preferably a yagi tuned to the 850-900mhz spectrum and aimed as the primary tower site that you're wishing to receive and decode from.

If you're getting a strong signal from the said tower, and it's not having issues keeping locked to said control frequency... then it's likely the system isn't being utilized currently. For example, JoCo MARRS simulcast sometimes goes dead silent for up to 15 minutes - not a single key-up anywhere - and this system is traditionally extremely active.

For example, when atmospheric ducting is ongoing, I can sometimes decode KSICS Leavenworth County KS rather nicely here in south JoCo KS - well outside of the coverage area. Just because you may be in the red circle as listed on RR's site, doesn't mean you'll always get a strong signal from X-named site. P25 has the same signal fade that analog has - further you get from a site, the weaker the transmission becomes. Hence why trunking became a thing with a multi-site system to bat that issue right out of the field. KSICS, however, tends to be "one tower per county", whereas localized county (or regional/metro) installations are multi-tower simulcast systems (MARRS, etc). :)

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if I'm way off base with this post, I notice a site not listed in the database, or at least I could find it, Douglas site Douglas, KS BUTLER County. Someone in the area might want to confirm in case I missed it. I noticed a few frequencies on the tower not list in other sites.

It might or might not help.

Redneck0410

I don't know if I'm way off base with this post, I notice a site not listed in the database, or at least I could find it, Douglas site Douglas, KS BUTLER County. Someone in the area might want to confirm in case I missed it. I noticed a few frequencies on the tower not list in other sites.

It might or might not help.
That is listed in the database as "Butler County Simulcast". They share channels (at least partially) with the Partridge tower here in Reno County.

scannerprogrammingofLvKs

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any luck picking up anything in Leavenworth County here in Douglas County of Franklin County? I can pick stuff up twice the distance as Leavenworth County but for some reason I can not get anything from Leavenworth County.
Do you have the 851.8500cc & 852.0625alt channel & do you have the right DEC #'s & P25 Program ?

The Leavenworth KSICS site is not simulcast. Simulcast sites ALL have the same frequencies and talk groups.
bb
Leavenworth County Ks is simulcast & they ALL use the same frequency's for LV PD, LV FD, LV SO, Tongie, Basehor, Lansing

Status
Not open for further replies.